Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
This is exactly why I don't own one of these phones and tell my wife to stop posting pic's of our kids online.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
The reporter who has had access to Snowden wrote a story last week that is getting very little fanfair. In it he noted that the NSA can turn the microphone of an Android phone on remotely and use it as a listening device. This was posted on a debate web site with lots of lunatic fringe types (both left and right) to which a right wing zealot noted they'd be able to him him passing gas and a left wing fascist noted that's great - they can tax him for his impact on the ozone.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Actually folks the NSA and other government organizations have monitored cell phones and hard wired phones for years. Here are some facts based on first hand knowledge. I started in my current business, self storage to learn how it worked with Public Storage in S. Florida. I managed a property that had one tenant that needed an AC space 5'x5' with access to the out side of the building. Now this was a corporate tenant in other words they paid Public Storage direct through corporate head quarters and not our office. The installed a simple mast antenna on top of the building, OK by corporate and kept a computer and other equipment in the space. They came out once a week and checked it however I managed to get a bit of info out of the technician that serviced it. He basically monitored all cell calls in the area and this was in many different locations around the area and others. Now he also told me that the phone company with the government had the technology to turn a hard wired phone into a receive that would record every word said in a home 24/7. Now at that time, pre 911 it was done for drugs, arms etc and not terrorist so it has been going on to my knowledge since the 1990's on at least but probably earlier.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Big bother is watching.
The only way to keep things private is to talk in person. Our leaders have a way of snooping into our business by listening to our phone conversations, and using video cameras.
We must be vigilante in what we do in todays society or it could get us in trouble.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
This is how the government will justify keeping your electronic records. EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY" If you know you are putting your records etc. where someone can go through them you have no expectation of privacy. The police can go through your trash on the curb.

You may as well start factoring this into what you do on cell phones and the net.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
The police can only go through your trash once it is off your property. I take mine to the transfer station myself so it is not "out of my possession" until I dump it. Any paper is shredded, wetted to make a paste, and then dried before going to the recycler. They can feel free to go through that too.

I don't do those things to defeat police - I do it to defeat ID thieves.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.