Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'll miss Cheetos, coffee for damn sure, toilet paper, air conditioning, the microwave, Ravioli's, the washing machine and probably hot showers too.
I think they'll be a way around some like the hot shower and turning someone else into a washing machine (har har), but I don't think anyone's going to make more Cheetos.

:-|

I'd stock up more, but their shelf life is so short, why bother.

2261687792_625d21a448.jpg

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Real coffee, Riding my motorcycles, long hot endless showers or bath when ever I want..
Working on the last one think I can make that happen.
I have lived in places in my life where we were without for extend periods of time. so I have an idea of what it maybe like.

Reactions: Fuzzee

·
Registered
887 Posts
Twinkies was smart and itleast temporarily shut down the longest shelf life food in existence just before the supposed end of the world. What gives. Trying to keep people from looting 7-11 if SHTF ?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Real coffee, Riding my motorcycles, long hot endless showers or bath when ever I want..
I have lived in places in my life where we were without for extend periods of time. so I have an idea of what it maybe like.
Maybe not endless or whenever you want, but hot showers and bathing can happen. They sell sun warmer showers for starters designed to be hung and warmed by the sun. A person could make one for sure. Than a person could boil water and transfer it too. Make a bathtub out of lots of things. Even dig a hole in the ground, line it with plastic sheeting, fill it with water and let the sun warm it. It can be done, there's just going to be some ingenuity and work involved.

·
Registered
24,258 Posts
The wife thinks the cans of gas are for the generator. Nope. The bike. Wood is for cooking, blankets are for warmth, candles are for lighting, gas is for the bike.
Don't tell her. ;)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I'll miss getting up at the crack of dawn and shuffling into the office every day.... no... wait.... WOOHOO !!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
chocolate... gotta be honest i'm gonna miss chocolate and other sweets that i just wont be able to have. stock up on coco powder/etc but sooner or later it's gonna run out. just cant grow coco in ohio...

running water. i mean i dont mind handpumping water but i know once it comes to HAVING to do it or no water then i will get over it and miss just the turn of a faucet handle. i lived for 2 years having to haul water in 5gal jugs. thats water for everything. you really dont realise how much water you use until ya gotta carry it all.

·
Registered
466 Posts
What will I miss the most ? Well, going to the store and buying groceries would be my main things. Of course I have preps in the way of food put away, but not the same as fresh fruit, meat, dairy products and the like.

·
Registered
105 Posts
What will I miss the most ? Well, going to the store and buying groceries would be my main things. Of course I have preps in the way of food put away, but not the same as fresh fruit, meat, dairy products and the like.
thats one thing i certianly wont miss. though i understand not everyone is cut out to farm. and not everyone is able to be living on a farm and setup.

Reactions: Fuzzee

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well I don't drink coffee so that is no problem. We can get a hot bath or shower so not really a problem there, I believe what I will miss the most will be the everyday contact with friends,relatives and the outside world. I guess that is something I would get used to but would miss it. Telephone.....

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This reminds me I really need to stock up on coffe and sugar more. And refine my coffee over an open fire brewing system. I may miss coffee the most.

cowboy_coffee-_1022_full.jpg

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I certainly won't miss the crazy rat-race, heck I might even PREFER a quiet, serene post-apocalypse world!
Some people in 'Survivors' felt that way too, check the last scene of this clip from 6:20 where they switch OFF the new electric lighting because they prefer candles..:)-

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
And check out Jimmy Garland living in a cave being hunted by the bad guys, but he's loving every minute of it..:)
4:20- "now's the time to be alive!"

·
Registered
481 Posts
If the world truly ends, we'll all be dead. Right?

In that case, I would miss:

Warm blankets
Pajamas
My dogs
That feeling when you're really tired and your head finally hits the pillow
My kids giggles
The Walking Dead, especially Norman Reedus
Coupon deals and easy access to stuff via the stores
Longs baths with a good book

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chinese food
Add that to my list. Man do I love Chinese food. I know what we get is Americanized, but I will miss it. I'd just about marry a nice (and smoking hot) Chinese girl who could cook just for that.

img_0357.jpg

1 - 20 of 121 Posts