Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. I need to resize from 450px of the facebook header and footer to make the page load faster as well as the white "flash" that it does on loading.
2. I need to resize and revisit all the little icons next to the topic threads to see what size they are, clarity and load time.
3. I need to redo the logo to something than just words in armalite letters. People like to 'see' graphics.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Sounds good :) I'm a big fan of OD green color themes :) lol should add a rambo style smile with the machine gun.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, good idea. This forum code has soooo much crap to change every little corner to get the blue out of here. I figured it would be a lenghtly task, so I'm taking some time to jot down color hex codes that I use. Anyway, we'll get it, and when we do it will look nice. DO let me know if the colors don't match up, or this or that needs changed. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Take your time man! Site looks good! Oh yeah, got my Bear Grylls knife today, that little thing has the sweetest grips i've ever had on a knife. Love it and thanks for all the hard work you are doing!!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1. I need to resize from 450px of the facebook header and footer to make the page load faster as well as the white "flash" that it does on loading.
2. I need to resize and revisit all the little icons next to the topic threads to see what size they are, clarity and load time.
3. I need to redo the logo to something than just words in armalite letters. People like to 'see' graphics.
4. Add more and better BBCodes
5. Add more smilies (Smilies can slow the page loads down, so we need to have a set number and I need to create a page to vote on the best ones. Right now we have 28 of them on. I figure about 40ish would be ok. The more the animation, the longer the page load.
6. Add more avatars to gallery
7. OD green color themes (Need to change some of the text color so that you can see it, like to white or something)
8. add a rambo style smile with the machine gun. Need to add more
9. Need to put rules for the sponsors (free advertising). Not putting any banners up, they are allowed to post in the classifieds and put their company in the signature lines. There has to be limits on exactly what is survival/prepper related and I need to post rules stating this. For instance we don't want someone from swimmingpools.com coming in posting their swimming pools and we say they cannot and they turn around and say "well the guy on doomsday preppers had one!". Hmmm...
10. Need to think of new ways to advertise to bring people in.
11. Need to fix the ranks, some are showing up, some are not.
12. Need to fix spell check on some of the pages, some are working some are not.
13. Need to have the quick reply button on each thread.
14. Need to fix the top banner from acidlittles response about the redundant survival prepper fourm x2 at the top., shorten some of the grey.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Looks good, a LOT to do man! I wish I knew programming cos i'd help but sadly I'm a turd :)

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL. thats ok, I'm a turd also! lol. I can take care of it.... of if you ever want to learn some stuff, I can teach you.

btw, what was your schooling over anyway?

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
3/10/12: For style prosilver overall header and overall footer pages, I changed width from 450 down to 150, faster load times and no HUGE "flash" screen for facebook. A little better.
fb:like href="http://prepperlog.com" send="true" layout="button_count" width="150" show_faces="true" font="arial"></fb:like>

3/9/12: I changed the mayan calendar image to a "area 51 with the dock51 (area51) font. I also changed the compass for the general prepper survival talk to a better more clear one. I changed the caducus next to health and fitness to a clearer one.

4. Add more and better BBCodes. 2/25/12: Added the YOUTUBE bb code. Experimenting with the full "word" editing module.

5. Add more smilies (Smilies can slow the page loads down, so we need to have a set number and I need to create a page to vote on the best ones. Right now we have 28 of them on. I figure about 40ish would be ok. The more the animation, the longer the page load.
6. Add more avatars to gallery
7. OD green color themes (Need to change some of the text color so that you can see it, like to white or something)
8. add a rambo style smile with the machine gun. Need to add more
9. Need to put rules for the sponsors (free advertising). Not putting any banners up, they are allowed to post in the classifieds and put their company in the signature lines. There has to be limits on exactly what is survival/prepper related and I need to post rules stating this. For instance we don't want someone from swimmingpools.com coming in posting their swimming pools and we say they cannot and they turn around and say "well the guy on doomsday preppers had one!". Hmmm...
10. Need to think of new ways to advertise to bring people in.
11. Need to fix the ranks, some are showing up, some are not.
12. Need to fix spell check on some of the pages, some are working some are not.
13. Need to have the quick reply button on each thread.
14. Need to fix the top banner from acidlittles response about the redundant survival prepper fourm x2 at the top., shorten some of the grey.

·
Registered
693 Posts
changes are looking good my brotha. ::clapping::

1 - 10 of 10 Posts