Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reminded of this in another thread. The other thread made me realize that all things are not inherently known and I might need to say something.

For those of you who have infantry or military police background, move along, else wise you are about to be bored into a coma. Fair warning! :lol:

I am a Christian, and my ethics, morals and principle are anchored in my faith, but for the sake of this discussion, I am a bad guy. Not only am I a bad guy, but like so many other people, I am a bad guy who has been trained by Uncle Sam. I am with a small group of like-minded heathens who see no reason to restrain my carnal nature, and raiding your place seems to be a very good idea.

The size of my group will vary, but for now, I am with a group that is about ten to twelve in strength. We are armed with light weapons, such as M-4s and AKs. Most of us have been trained by good ol' Uncle Sugar, and the ones who weren't have been given rudimentary training in tactics.

We noticed activity at your place. Looks like you have a nice little thing going on, with the crops, chickens and weapons. We could certainly use the extra ammo that goes along with the weapons you have. You guys are working hard, too. Sure, folks are carrying weapons, but everyone seems to be really putting the back to the plow, so to speak. We also noticed y'all get up with the sun and begin the chores me and my guys aren't willing to do. Good deal. Tomorrow morning will be a good morning, for sure. Your women will be making my guys scrambled eggs. Right now, we are going to pull back and get some rest. We've taken note of the layout of the building, the dogs, and your routine. Now, all we need to do is be bright eyed and bushy tailed for the 0230 assault.

Denton is now out of character.

5-Hour Energy. I said all that to suggest 5 Hour Energy stocking. The rag-tag zombies looking for a hand-out will beat on your door when the sun is up, but those who know what they are doing will wait until humans are at their sleepiest. This is a tactical fact, and you'd better be ready to make a lot of noise when the group comes visiting. You'll do this by having people outside, watching and listening. They'll need to be far enough away from the settlement that those who are sleeping will be able to react fast enough to not be caught still reaching for their pants. 5 Hour Energy shots (or the store brand labels) will help keep your first line of defense from dosing off at the worst time of the early hours.

Hopefully, a good, noisy response followed by disciplined movement from the dwellings will give the team of renegades reason to move on in search of easier targets. After all, who wants to bleed and waste ammo when there are so many easy pickings out there?

By the way, I have no investment in energy drinks, so do think I am advertising. :D

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not being LE or military, I did know that from other things. The 5 hr energy was something I had never thought of. Thanks!
I'm here for you, Brother!

Oh, you might want to pick up a couple copies of FM 7-8. You can download it from the internet, nowadays. It'll help you and yours learn how to move in organized, efficient teams. The guy who gulped down a energy shot is gonna need help!

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
A warm can of Coca Cola is (to me) as good as the 5 hour stuff.

It was one of the "preferred" things that would accompany me in the machine gun tower when I was on duty.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
5 hour energy makes my sights shake,half a jolt cola and I am not so bad myself,BP gets too high and I get wierd and wired from too much caffeine and other additives.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Stand to
The time before sun rise that security goes from the reduced watch to 100% up and ready. Normally 1 hour before sun rise.
Reason before modern day night vision fighting was not very productive at night. So early morning strikes were a common tactic .
Some say it comes from the French /Indian wars. The watch is set by Company commander and or 1SG ,set in a percentage based on perceived threat.
Example of duty order of watch, watch reduced to 70% rotating rest so each soldier gets 4 hours down time with stand to at 0430. At 0430 100% at ready.
Followed by either mass or tactical feed.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Yep, that's why you must have a rotating guard set, communications and system to alert your main force, the training to react fast, knowing your weak and entry points, and work as a team with a solid plan of defense uses your strengths and covering your weaknesses. I like the 5 hour idea, but prefer Red Bull. I think I'll stock up on some. Why not. I've also been downing a lot of these at work and like them a lot. Yummy energy goodness. :)

Drinkware Wood Rectangle Beverage can Font

·
Registered
965 Posts
I was reminded of this in another thread. The other thread made me realize that all things are not inherently known and I might need to say something.

For those of you who have infantry or military police background, move along, else wise you are about to be bored into a coma. Fair warning! :lol:

I am a Christian, and my ethics, morals and principle are anchored in my faith, but for the sake of this discussion, I am a bad guy. Not only am I a bad guy, but like so many other people, I am a bad guy who has been trained by Uncle Sam. I am with a small group of like-minded heathens who see no reason to restrain my carnal nature, and raiding your place seems to be a very good idea.

The size of my group will vary, but for now, I am with a group that is about ten to twelve in strength. We are armed with light weapons, such as M-4s and AKs. Most of us have been trained by good ol' Uncle Sugar, and the ones who weren't have been given rudimentary training in tactics.

We noticed activity at your place. Looks like you have a nice little thing going on, with the crops, chickens and weapons. We could certainly use the extra ammo that goes along with the weapons you have. You guys are working hard, too. Sure, folks are carrying weapons, but everyone seems to be really putting the back to the plow, so to speak. We also noticed y'all get up with the sun and begin the chores me and my guys aren't willing to do. Good deal. Tomorrow morning will be a good morning, for sure. Your women will be making my guys scrambled eggs. Right now, we are going to pull back and get some rest. We've taken note of the layout of the building, the dogs, and your routine. Now, all we need to do is be bright eyed and bushy tailed for the 0230 assault.

5-Hour Energy. I said all that to suggest 5 Hour Energy stocking. The rag-tag zombies looking for a hand-out will beat on your door when the sun is up, but those who know what they are doing will wait until humans are at their sleepiest. This is a tactical fact, and you'd better be ready to make a lot of noise when the group comes visiting. You'll do this by having people outside, watching and listening. They'll need to be far enough away from the settlement that those who are sleeping will be able to react fast enough to not be caught still reaching for their pants. 5 Hour Energy shots (or the store brand labels) will help keep your first line of defense from dosing off at the worst time of the early hours.

Hopefully, a good, noisy response followed by disciplined movement from the dwellings will give the team of renegades reason to move on in search of easier targets. After all, who wants to bleed and waste ammo when there are so many easy pickings out there?

By the way, I have no investment in energy drinks, so do think I am advertising. :D
I'm a night owl. Your gonna have a surprise waiting for you.

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep, that's why you must have a rotating guard set, communications and system to alert your main force, the training to react fast, knowing your weak and entry points, and work as a team with a solid plan of defense uses your strengths and covering your weaknesses. I like the 5 hour idea, but prefer Red Bull. I think I'll stock up on some. Why not. I've also been downing a lot of these at work and like them a lot. Yummy energy goodness. :)

View attachment 3475
That'll work.

I like 5 Hours because it is less fluid, fits in my pocket and doesn't make it me jittery. It simply makes me awake and more alert. Of course, everyone is different.

I see there are other people here who will be taking the late watch for the same reasons I will. You'll see me taking a hit of the Berry flavored juice in the afternoon and am a natural irritant to the normal people during our overtime hours.:mrgreen:
The target of the thread is the people who are normal in sleep patterns and have never stood sentry, sat an LP/OP, and has never taken part in an early morning mission, but are going to want to survive until the next morning.

As a reminder to the rest of us who are no longer 21 year old immortals, physical and mental stress is going to be grinding, and little bottles of perkiness might be a good thing to have. I, for one, am no longer superman. Matter of fact, I look more like Lex Luthor, now. :roll:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
That'll work.

I like 5 Hours because it is less fluid, fits in my pocket and doesn't make it me jittery. It simply makes me awake and more alert. Of course, everyone is different.

I see there are other people here who will be taking the late watch for the same reasons I will. You'll see me taking a hit of the Berry flavored juice in the afternoon and am a natural irritant to the normal people during our overtime hours.:mrgreen:
The target of the thread is the people who are normal in sleep patterns and have never stood sentry, sat an LP/OP, and has never taken part in an early morning mission, but are going to want to survive until the next morning.

As a reminder to the rest of us who are no longer 21 year old immortals, physical and mental stress is going to be grinding, and little bottles of perkiness might be a good thing to have. I, for one, am no longer superman. Matter of fact, I look more like Lex Luthor, now. :roll:
Yeah I'm not superman anymore either. Those days of staying up all night howling at the moon, getting a few hours sleep and back at it again are long gone. I'm fairly regular on sleep, but I can change my sleep patterns given a little time too. If it comes down to it, I'll wake right up if sleeping, smack myself in the face and go. After things settle down and the killing is done if someone were to attack my group, post shtf, I'll lie back down and go to sleep, no problem. It's smart though to have the large body of people go to bed shortly after dark so their rested in part even if their woken in the night at 3 am because of trouble. If they hit the sack at 8 pm, that's still 7 hours or so. I basically live on about 6 hours of sleep or so, but can get by with less. A quick power nap in the day and I'm ready to go and refreshed. The large body of a group going to sleep early and waking up early can take the most advantage of daylight work hours too instead of wasting it. Anyone who feels they are special and want to sleep in can leave or go hungrier for not pulling their weight. Guards of course get their due because they earned it, but when shtf and things are tough, everyone will have to toughen up to survive.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts

Really? Well Denton, just for your information, I now plan on becoming a meth head tweeker during shtf. So not only will I be wide awake at 0230, but I'll be paranoid and see all kinds of shit hiding in the bushes. Including you. Didn't see that comin' did ya'? How's your plan now?

By the way...great wake up scenario buddy. That's how I'd do it.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I wonder how many "groups" of 10-12 well armed and readied thieves would be capable of doing 7 days of survelliance before engaging or even ten? And would they be capable of doing 10 days of survelliance without being seen or noticed by a group bent on finding them day and night. Would they be prepared for random drones the search areas the target group can't see well from their point of strength? Would they notice the traps set for them on the way in? Would they be able to tell there are 3 entities on the property that are only "out" at night and sleep during the day; their routine makes it possible for them to avoid the gardening for their job is merely night patrol and sentry duty? What distance would they assume they are safe from being noticed? 1000 yards - 2000?

Energy drinks have a fairly limited shelf life. Better to keep a group well prepared for all hours.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.