Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed now every and any story involving guns makes the headlines of the paper. A few weeks back it was falsely reported that someone brought a gun to M.I.T. Today there is an article about another shooting in Washington that injured 11. It seems to me that the media really wants to push the political agenda of banning firearms by using fear to persuade people. I don't think I am conjuring up some wild conspiracy theory but I do see what is being fed to me. I chuckled when I read of the tanks and people at bass pro shops/gun stores talking about civil war coming, or how the government wanted to take our guns but now I can't help but start to believe just a little. if you can flesh out my wild theory please do. :|

·
Registered
335 Posts
The media loves the gun issue. Why? It is a scary story they can print. If guns were banned media outlets would be hurting. Only doom/gloom and fear sell these days. Turn on the news at night - you never see anything positive. Maybe a stupid panda being born here and there, but it is always about a shooting downtown, fire, car accidents, rape, war, etc. The US population loves to be scared - it is really the only thing we respond to. Everything else is boring for us.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
There are many in our federal and (some) state governments that want just that... a completely dis-armed society... and they make no bones about it.
The mainstream media is also largely anti-gun and they make no bones about it either. They sensationalize any firearm related tragedy for weeks, months, ever years after the fact, however very rarely report on incidents where a legally owned firearm has saved someone from harm. The media, much like the government, no longer has the complete trust of the people (except perhaps the sheep that flock to their TV's to chew on their nightly helping of Piers Morgan) and it's going to be a steep, uphill climb for them to regain it.

Is there another civil war or a second revolution coming our way? Well it's entirely possible, but not very probable. Those in power at the state and federal level are not stupid and they're fully aware that they can push the American people only so far before all bets are off. The danger comes in their over confidence in the resources they would count upon should the S actually HTF.

·
Administrator
15,097 Posts
I noticed now every and any story involving guns makes the headlines of the paper. A few weeks back it was falsely reported that someone brought a gun to M.I.T. Today there is an article about another shooting in Washington that injured 11. It seems to me that the media really wants to push the political agenda of banning firearms by using fear to persuade people. I don't think I am conjuring up some wild conspiracy theory but I do see what is being fed to me. I chuckled when I read of the tanks and people at bass pro shops/gun stores talking about civil war coming, or how the government wanted to take our guns but now I can't help but start to believe just a little. if you can flesh out my wild theory please do. :|
Here you go -
Obama Poised to Carry Out Hostile Military Takeover of US : Godfather Politics
1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security? It's Time For A National Conversation - Forbes

Why would the National Weather Service need guns and ammo? As Bob Dylan once sang "You don't need a weatherman to tell which way the wind blows."

·
Registered
1,005 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
The gun grabbers are academics and politico's. They won't go for a grab. They can't afford the impact, take the hit, etc.
They will continue incrementally dismanteling the 2nd Amendment. There are 80 million gun owners - too big a voting
block to win. They MUST widdle that down a little - making gun ownership more expensive accomplishes that.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
The liberal media has done more for trying to steal our guns rights than just about anyone but the politicians and lobbyists for the anti-gun agenda. It's why if there is a new revolutionary war, they should be shot on site by any partisan as a traitor. Of course if you want to save bullets, stabbed, beaten, burned, hung, dragged behind a vehicle, used as human shielding, clubbed, torn apart, fed to hungry animals, disintegrated by acid, electrocuted, or any other brutal way to bring about their death in agonizing pain will be fine also.

machine+gunn+smiley.gif

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
The gun grabbers are academics and politico's. They won't go for a grab. They can't afford the impact, take the hit, etc.
They will continue incrementally dismanteling the 2nd Amendment. There are 80 million gun owners - too big a voting
block to win. They MUST widdle that down a little - making gun ownership more expensive accomplishes that.
This will be the means to an end, tax guns/ammo out of reach. Tax per gun, tax per round, mandatory liability insurance, license fees, mandatory training, safe storage. Show me a politician who doesn't like a tax and he is probably lying. Then throw in the government buying ammo they don't need to bog down ammo manufacturers to slow production and push up prices and you curtail gun ownership for all but those who don't follow the law, BG's and politicians! The government isn't stupid, they will create so much regulation that gun owners will sooner or later become law breakers and then the LEO's and IRS will follow orders and arrest the law breakers. 22,000 plus gun laws didn't work, but a few 1000 more regulations probably will.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
About 20 years ago I saw a pretty well done research project by an economist on the housing market in CA. Of course that market was booming. The issue was development fees. My little home town, Ripon, was being swarmed by bay area commuters with good jobs and income who needed homse they couldn't get the liberal bay area anti growth communities to build. So they were building homes in the Central Valley. Ripon, wanted to charge the developers enough money to keep up with the growth, and the developers noted with every $1,000 in fees a "percentage" of the population was removed from the housing market. I don't recall the percentage - maybe .003 or something wierd like that but if you added up $5,000 in fees the percentage of course got higher and there was an exponential sum to it - meaning it wasn't .003 per $1000 that after $2500 it was .004 etc.

This is the same for gun ownership. Right now you can arm yourself with $250 pretty decent. In 2 years it might be $500. If that happens the number of people who can afford $500 vs $250 is dramatically different. 80,000,000 gun owners is one hell of a voting block - ask the Democrats of the mid 1990's what they paid for the AWB. They don't want to pay that price again. They will knock that number down to 64 million gun owners by increasing the cost of ownership. We discussed in another thread I'm on a 10 day waiting period right now for my new M1A. Why should I have a "cooling off period" as I own several AR's, ever hand guns, sever shotguns and more ammo then my local police department. What good is a cooling off period to "ME." Its not about cooling off its about control, its about making gun ownership less attractive. If that 'delay" enables them to get one person not to buy a gun (and it has) they are all for it.

1) They will most dramatically decrease gun ownership by increasing the cost of it - registration, fees, taxes and even market conditions!
2) They will less dramatically decrease gun ownership with regulation (registration, forms, checks, classes, renewals, and waiting periods).
3) They will further reduce gun ownership by making it less attractive to own guns in many ways, (economically, forced storage requirements, insurance, repeat classes, psyc evals).

Ultimately they will have gun ownership reduced to 40 million and then the voting block is not substantial enough for them to stop a gun ban. DiFi's current proposal is simple.
No more new AWs. No selling of AW's. No transfer of AW's but no confiscation - until after you DIE. Then it has to be disabled or handed into the state. That is consfiscation but
you aren't around to care. Oh and if you decide to hand it off to your kids ahead of time - you became a felon and so did them. That is the really even # on my list #4. Make
people into criminals, make them psycologically unable to own, etc.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Here you go -
Obama Poised to Carry Out Hostile Military Takeover of US : Godfather Politics
1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security? It's Time For A National Conversation - Forbes

Why would the National Weather Service need guns and ammo? As Bob Dylan once sang "You don't need a weatherman to tell which way the wind blows."
That whole song has it's merits, makes me think after he visited the crossroads at Highways 61/49 he became the establishment that is ruled by the God of This Earth

·
Registered
855 Posts
This is the same for gun ownership. Right now you can arm yourself with $250 pretty decent. In 2 years it might be $500. If that happens the number of people who can afford $500 vs $250 is dramatically different. 80,000,000 gun owners is one hell of a voting block - ask the Democrats of the mid 1990's what they paid for the AWB. They don't want to pay that price again. They will knock that number down to 64 million gun owners by increasing the cost of ownership. We discussed in another thread I'm on a 10 day waiting period right now for my new M1A. Why should I have a "cooling off period" as I own several AR's, ever hand guns, sever shotguns and more ammo then my local police department. What good is a cooling off period to "ME." Its not about cooling off its about control, its about making gun ownership less attractive. If that 'delay" enables them to get one person not to buy a gun (and it has) they are all for it.
Be glad you don't live in Florida, this nut bag thinks if you buy ammo you should have to take an anger management course! Florida bill would require anger management courses for bullet buyers | Fox News

I've been preaching for years that they don't just want some guns, they want them all. Few remember when HCI came out and said they wanted to get rid of every gun in this country, I do though. I think the others are right it's an incremental thing, take a little here and then a little there. I wonder if there's ever been a study into the politics of the shooters that commit mass murder. Anyone know? I've been thinking for the last couple of years about this wondering if these people have decided to become Martyrs for their causes. We here all about their personalities, but never their political leanings. Just a thought.

-Infidel

·
Registered
855 Posts
In all reality I doubt that bill has a snow ball's chance in hell of passing but then again I didn't think we'd end up with the SAFE act.

-Infidel

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
The media loves the gun issue. Why? It is a scary story they can print. If guns were banned media outlets would be hurting. Only doom/gloom and fear sell these days. Turn on the news at night - you never see anything positive. Maybe a stupid panda being born here and there, but it is always about a shooting downtown, fire, car accidents, rape, war, etc. The US population loves to be scared - it is really the only thing we respond to. Everything else is boring for us.
New International Version (©2011)
You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.
New Living Translation (©2007)
And you will hear of wars and threats of wars, but don't panic. Yes, these things must take place, but the end won't follow immediately.

English Standard Version (©2001)
And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
You are going to hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, because these things must take place, but the end is not yet.

International Standard Version (©2012)
You'll hear of wars and rumors of wars. See to it that you aren't alarmed. These things must take place, but the end hasn't come yet,

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Every state has their extremist. WA state just had some guy propose cops inspect your safe storage every year. CA has ten new regs in the assembly one that would ban any rifle with a detachable mag, one that would require insurance on every gun, and a 6 cent per bullet tax....yeah add that to a case of 22LR.

Be glad you don't live in Florida, this nut bag thinks if you buy ammo you should have to take an anger management course! Florida bill would require anger management courses for bullet buyers | Fox News

I've been preaching for years that they don't just want some guns, they want them all. Few remember when HCI came out and said they wanted to get rid of every gun in this country, I do though. I think the others are right it's an incremental thing, take a little here and then a little there. I wonder if there's ever been a study into the politics of the shooters that commit mass murder. Anyone know? I've been thinking for the last couple of years about this wondering if these people have decided to become Martyrs for their causes. We here all about their personalities, but never their political leanings. Just a thought.

-Infidel

·
Super Moderator
9,496 Posts
The liberal media has done more for trying to steal our guns rights than just about anyone but the politicians and lobbyists for the anti-gun agenda. It's why if there is a new revolutionary war, they should be shot on site by any partisan as a traitor. Of course if you want to save bullets, stabbed, beaten, burned, hung, dragged behind a vehicle, used as human shielding, clubbed, torn apart, fed to hungry animals, disintegrated by acid, electrocuted, or any other brutal way to bring about their death in agonizing pain will be fine also.

View attachment 1645
Ya know, if you stay shy and beat around the bush, that's not healthy. You should let us know how you really feel. :mrgreen:

·
Administrator
15,097 Posts
That whole song has it's merits, makes me think after he visited the crossroads at Highways 61/49 he became the establishment that is ruled by the God of This Earth
"He just pointed with his gun, and said 'that way, down Highway 61' "

(the young whipersnappers here may have to brush up on the album Highyway 61 Revisited)

·
Administrator
15,097 Posts
Really?! Man,some guy here from N FL says it's so great there
The legislator in question is a product of the inner city, elected by the low information voters. The ONLY time I go into Jacksonville is to go to work, something HER constituents have no first hand knowledge of. She should take her own advice and write a bill requiring politicians to take (and pass) a course on the US Constitution.
Oh, and there is another one of those there too, Corrine Brown. But still not as bad as the nut-bags that run New York.
In my county democrats don't even bother to run for most races, they'd just be wasting money and they know it.

Reactions: Fuzzee
1 - 20 of 32 Posts