Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Pioneer Planet (local newspaper):

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Demonstrators are stopping traffic on Interstate-35W near downtown Minneapolis.

Some protesters are fast-food workers asking for higher wages and union rights. Others are protesting a grand jury's decision not to charge a white police officer in the chokehold death of a black man in New York.

KSTP-TV reported the demonstrators were marching north on Interstate 35W. At one point, the demonstrators lay down and climbed on barriers.

Traffic was unable to move while demonstrators blocked the busy interstate Thursday.

I suspect there are some PETA people and other "what-the-hell-got-nothing-better-to-do" folks out there too.

·
Registered
254 Posts

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Demonstrators are stopping traffic on Interstate-35W near downtown Minneapolis.

Some protesters are fast-food workers asking for higher wages and union rights. Others are protesting a grand jury's decision not to charge a white police officer in the chokehold death of a black man in New York.

KSTP-TV reported the demonstrators were marching north on Interstate 35W. At one point, the demonstrators lay down and climbed on barriers.

Traffic was unable to move while demonstrators blocked the busy interstate Thursday.

I suspect there are some PETA people and other "what-the-hell-got-nothing-better-to-do" folks out there too.
They have jobs just not very good ones :)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
This is the 3rd demonstration I've heard of like this. Blocking major traffic. Where's the cops?
that has to be illegal.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
it starts at 3:50

find a better job. Mickey d's is not a career? Dude, where's my car?

Churchill toad mine clearing flail post ww2:
oh shit!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I have to admit Michael Brown deserved to get shot, but Erik Garner did not deserve to die for selling a single cigarette. The officer probably should not have used a choke hold and they probably should have provided medical attention immediately. The law they were enforcing is the biggest problem with the case. I watched the video and the police did not seem to waste much time talking to the suspect before they got physical.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
My step son, without getting into details, at 24 told me he won't get out of bed for less than 16 an hour !

Reactions: Inor

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
My step son, without getting into details, at 24 told me he won't get out of bed for less than 16 an hour !
Is he employed? If so, no harm no foul. If not I would punch him in the head while saying: "There asshat. I knocked you out for free."

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Sorry Jimb but he didn't die for selling a single cigarette he died because he refused to comply with an officers demand and fought the officer to his death. Guys with heart conditions, azma and diebetes probably ought to comply with police officers doing their job like everyone else.

I have to admit Michael Brown deserved to get shot, but Erik Garner did not deserve to die for selling a single cigarette. The officer probably should not have used a choke hold and they probably should have provided medical attention immediately. The law they were enforcing is the biggest problem with the case. I watched the video and the police did not seem to waste much time talking to the suspect before they got physical.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Sorry Jimb but he didn't die for selling a single cigarette he died because he refused to comply with an officers demand and fought the officer to his death. Guys with heart conditions, azma and diebetes probably ought to comply with police officers doing their job like everyone else.
He died because an officer used a tactic that is not approved of for the reason that it may cause death. I was required to learn PPCT in a previous career and I can say for certain that the hold used by the officer was not taught, at least not in the state of Nebraska. Have you watched the video?

·
Registered
12,471 Posts
Unfortunately some people are so worthless that I wouldn't hire them even if they were volunteering or paying me by the hour.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Yes I watched the video. He died because he resisted. Or do you blame the gun for going off that killed M. Brown? Brown, Martin, and this guy in NYC all brought death upon themselves. Blaming the killer is like blaming the gun to me. In each of these cases the "gun" (metaphorically) would not have gone off if the THUG had not been a THUG.

He died because an officer used a tactic that is not approved of for the reason that it may cause death. I was required to learn PPCT in a previous career and I can say for certain that the hold used by the officer was not taught, at least not in the state of Nebraska. Have you watched the video?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Demonstrators are stopping traffic on Interstate-35W near downtown Minneapolis.

Snakes also do this, they are cold blooded!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
They got beds at homeless shelters.
"Then let them die and decrease the surplus population!"
- Ebenezer Scrooge

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I don't get why they're protesting in Minnesota, when the guys were killed elsewhere. I mean, the MN cops haven't killed anyone lately. jeez. Go somewhere else to protest. If I was on my way home from work, and there were protesters on the road, I would just think "Hmm. Less wear and tear on my tires." and go for it.::redsnipe:::twisted:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts