Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
frightful. We have had snow followed by rain, then freezing rain, ice pellets, snow pellets, more freezing rain and now more snow. Kind of fun watching the drivers out there skidding and sliding. Glad Inor and I have no place we need to go.

Thought it would be interesting to hear about the weather around the states here. No naah, naah stuff like "it's seventy two and I am wearing shorts so eat your heart out you frigid weather people".

·
Registered
320 Posts
Right now, in Indiana it is 59 degrees and cloudy, lots of fog. It looks like it will snow, but the temperature doesnt indicate that. Its a little chilly and will continue getting colder and we should expect lots of snow over the weekend.. -sigh-

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I got about an inch of snow yesterday but it is too cold to be a problem driving. It is supposed to get colder for the rest of the week and more snow. Hey! it's winter.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Where we are in Montana, our high for today beats the rest of the nations low temp for the day. It is about-5 rigth now and expected to be -20 to -30 for the next few days.. It has been snowing for the past few days too. There is about a foot on the ground right now.

·
Registered
900 Posts
here in southwest Washington unusually cold for us. Our temp this morning at 0500 was 10*. I believe our high was predicted at 30* today. No rain for a change. I think those rain clouds are probably a block of ice floating towards PaulS and may give him some mAore of the white stuff.
Even though it is cold it is sunny and beautiful. If I didn't spend so much time outside I would enjoy the view.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
we were near 80- at one point today but the next ice age is on the way. From over night Thursday until sometime Tuesday we won't see temps over about 25 and some estimates are calling for an inch of ice. Apparently the Weather Channel's Jim Cantore is going to be here from tomorrow until the Ice Age gives way to more sane temps.

The Dallas/Ft Worth Metroplex will, for all intents and purposes, be shut down with that much ice.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
frightful. We have had snow followed by rain, then freezing rain, ice pellets, snow pellets, more freezing rain and now more snow. Kind of fun watching the drivers out there skidding and sliding. Glad Inor and I have no place we need to go.

Thought it would be interesting to hear about the weather around the states here. No naah, naah stuff like "it's seventy two and I am wearing shorts so eat your heart out you frigid weather people".
I am a bit South of you, but it ain't no better here. Unfortunately I work outdoors exclusively, most of the year I enjoy it, but right now not so much.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
I am a bit South of you, but it ain't no better here. Unfortunately I work outdoors exclusively, most of the year I enjoy it, but right now not so much.
I wish it were about 10 degrees cooler so it would be all snow. This snow-rain crap we have had all day is going to be a real mess when I have the blow out the drive tomorrow.

Reactions: jimb1972

·
Super Moderator
9,218 Posts
59 degrees, a little rain and very breezy. I guess winter is setting in down here. But so much better that Chicago in so many ways.

Reactions: Inor

·
Super Moderator
9,674 Posts

What you have sent our way will be here soon. The front hits tonight, manana high will be 40 then late Thurs, early Fri the fun begins. I figure they will most likely shut our office down. Then we get round 2 starting Sat night. Gotta love Texas weather. BTW sunshine and upper 70's today. Go figure.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
What you have sent our way will be here soon. The front hits tonight, manana high will be 40 then late Thurs, early Fri the fun begins. I figure they will most likely shut our office down. Then we get round 2 starting Sat night. Gotta love Texas weather. BTW sunshine and upper 70's today. Go figure.
Yeah but I was in Plano, TX a year ago when 14 tornadoes went through all at the same time! We get tornadoes in the spring and summer, but they do not gang up on us! Sheesh!

·
Super Moderator
9,674 Posts
Yeah but I was in Plano, TX a year ago when 14 tornadoes went through all at the same time! We get tornadoes in the spring and summer, but they do not gang up on us! Sheesh!
Welcome to the tornado belt::clapping::

Plano is the other side of the world for me. We do get our fair share on the west side of suburbia. That's one of the reasons I'm a ham.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Current conditions: 39°, light rain, and a dense fog advisory. Today's predicted high 56° tonight 51° tomorrow more rain high 52°

1 - 20 of 51 Posts