Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Long time lurker, just started posting but I wanted to share a link to my new book that just came out.

If you like survivalist, post-apocalyptic, dystopian and TEOTWAWKI books, this book is right up your alley.

Description:

With the economy slowing down and inflation heating up, John takes a new job to help make ends meet at home after his wife is laid off from her high paying job. This new job requires him to travel across the country and work long hours away from home. While on one fateful trip away, the heartland of the country is rocked by a series of devastating earthquakes that cripple the nation by destroying massive amounts of infrastructure, killing and injuring hundreds of thousands, and displacing millions of inhabitants.

Now, John is stranded nearly 2,000 miles away from home with no easy way to make it back to his loving family in need. In his attempt to get home, he battles against the flow of refugees fleeing the devastated area and encounters many perilous-and sometimes deadly-trials along the way.

Print edition:
The Wayward Journey

Kindle version:
The Wayward Journey - Kindle

Also if you are interested, there is a giveaway going on at goodreads.com

Thanks for taking a look!

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota

Congratulations on the book!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Welcome. I'll make you a deal in that if you are a contributing member and not just a one post "buy my book" deal, I'll add you to my reading list.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Mrs Inor read it and liked it. I will be taking with me tomorrow to read on the plane.

How many books are you planning for the series? - Please do not say 10 like the 299 Days series! :-D

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mrs Inor read it and liked it. I will be taking with me tomorrow to read on the plane.

How many books are you planning for the series? - Please do not say 10 like the 299 Days series! :-D
I've got 2 planned - and by that I mean outlined chapter by chapter. I think there may be 1-2 more after that.

While I am a fan of Mr. Tate and his books I do kind of get the feeling they took 5-6 good sized books and then chopped them up into 10 smaller books to sell more. I promise I won't do that, I've made a personal oath to not publish a book (though I might have a novella or two in the future - which would be marked as such) under 80,000 words/250pages.

But overall I think it will rely mostly on how much more people want to read :-D

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I enjoyed your book - a few typos found, but not like some books that were almost painful to read. My mother was a high school English teacher and I guess I am too sensitive about grammer, etc. All in all very enjoyable and I am looking forward to the next one.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you want to send me a PM with any typos you found I'll be sure to get them corrected right away. My grammar is horrible, but I did spend a lot to have it go through multiple professional editing and proof-readings so hopefully there isn't too much to fix.

Thanks for reading the book!

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
If you want to send me a PM with any typos you found I'll be sure to get them corrected right away. My grammar is horrible, but I did spend a lot to have it go through multiple professional editing and proof-readings so hopefully there isn't too much to fix.

Thanks for reading the book!
Be careful what you ask for... I do quite a bit of technical writing for my business. Mrs Inor edits all of it. You should see how she savages me with her green pen! :-D (As you can probably tell from some of my posts here, I have a nasty habit of dropping words from sentences.)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Be careful what you ask for... I do quite a bit of technical writing for my business. Mrs Inor edits all of it. You should see how she savages me with her green pen! :-D (As you can probably tell from some of my posts here, I have a nasty habit of dropping words from sentences.)
I feel your pain! Getting back the first two rounds of fixes from the editor I think there was more red (a tracked change) than there was black (un-edited text).

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Just finished the Kindle version in an almost one sitting read. I need to give the brain a rest but will post up a review later.

Now to find out if my legs still work, lol.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
I feel your pain! Getting back the first two rounds of fixes from the editor I think there was more red (a tracked change) than there was black (un-edited text).
Just do not take it personally. That is the story behind the "green" rather than red pen. It took some time for her to get it through my thick skull that she was helping me create a better product. :-D (Yeah - it sounds Clintonesque - Shut up!)

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
...While on one fateful trip away, the heartland of the country is rocked by a series of devastating earthquakes that cripple the nation by destroying massive amounts of infrastructure, killing and injuring hundreds of thousands, and displacing millions of inhabitants. Now, John is stranded nearly 2,000 miles away..
Don't you just hate it when that happens

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
The Wayward Journey, a review.

I got my Kindle copy about 11:30 AM on a Saturday morning, and by 8:00 PM I had managed to read it start to finish dispite a few interruptions. It's a story of one man's commitment to get home to his family no matter what obstacles stand in his way. At the same time, his wife is faced with keeping their children safe and secure through a wide spread natural disaster with epic consequences which hasten's an economic collapse.

There are lessons to be learned about the strength of community, being prepared for unxepected events, and the good as well as the evil that resides in some people's heart. While not as detailed in instruction of some skills as other books of the genre, it definately reinforces the strategies and mind set necessary to persevere when faced with the unthinkable.

The book flows and is an enjoyable investment of your time and effort. Add me to wait list for the sequel.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Sorry to poop on the parade but I found the detail lacking. I am a Tom Clancy reader by default and want my nonfiction to be at lease believable. If you are going to say "radio broadcast" then say what station and where from.

The dialog is disjointed and predictable. Also the dialog is lacking a real human perspective. I don't mind the grammar as it makes the point but it is lacking substance.

I have not read the whole book or ever written a book, but it makes me want to try as this is a train wreak.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts