Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just having my morning coffee and watching the news. This bombing in turkey... The first thing I notice as people are running in fear a bunch picked up sticks or some such thing and start beating the people next to them. A few fights broke out. This was a peace ralley... I was just considering. You actually see this a lot. For some reason if a crowd of otherwise peaceful strangers gets frightened they immediately turn on each other. I dont know why, perhaps they have reasons. Ive seen this a few times... Human nature ?

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I was just having my morning coffee and watching the news. This bombing in turkey... The first thing I notice as people are running in fear a bunch picked up sticks or some such thing and start beating the people next to them. A few fights broke out. This was a peace ralley... I was just considering. You actually see this a lot. For some reason if a crowd of otherwise peaceful strangers gets frightened they immediately turn on each other. I dont know why, perhaps they have reasons. Ive seen this a few times... Human nature ?
Ever spent much time in the Middle east. pretty common there. Then they go kill someone else. And cut off wife or daughters head for something to do on the weekend.

·
Banned
20,845 Posts
These islamists are made up of many of whom are nasty-ass animalistic scumbags who have zero regard for human life. Some of them want to convert you and some of them want to kill you. These are the facts of the Geo-Socio-Political ideology of islam.

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
Come on now! Do you not recognise the actions of those whom belong to the religion of peace? Infidel!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,705 Posts
I wouldn't say human nature, more like animal nature. When put in highly stressful and/or dangerous situations our brains revert back to animal instincts. You see a somewhat similar thing here when a riot breaks out. Sometimes the riot is for political reasons and other times it could be because your favorite sports team just won the championship. There have been many studies as to why this happens.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/hidden-motives/201108/understanding-why-people-riot

Reactions: Blackcat

·
8,973 Posts
It might have to do with flight or fight modality. I scuba class, I learned that I don't
have to out swim the shark, just my dive buddy. So the first thing you do is grab
your dive knife and stab you buddy's leg. It slows them down and puts blood in the
water for the shark to home in on.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lmao I love these replies. I tend to agree folks in the misdle east tend to have a far more agressive mentality. You notice as level of education decreases and religious faith increases so does the violence. Not saying any one specific religion but a number of them.
I was also considering the whole adrenaline "fight or flight" idea. No doubt in a hogh stress situation it can turn a crowd into a tinder box.
Although I think its more prevalent in some parts of the world like the middle east. I wouldnt put it by any group of humans. Even the best of us can revert back to animal instincts under the right conditions... Come to think of it sort of like that movie the purge. Its something to think about though.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Just remember this. The only "special" thing about those in charge is that they have oodles of money and feel Entitled and more worthy than you. Even though they are most certainly not and cause more suffering than you ever could. They are the same as everyone else. So let's hope the ones with little buttons to launch nukes don't ever get caught up in this trip of reaction.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,047 Posts
You notice as level of education decreases and religious faith increases so does the violence. Not saying any one specific religion but a number of them.
Not a number... just one.
In Islam, violence IS faith.
In all other religions, faith is love.
Islam stands as the only "religion" that condones and promotes violence as a tenet of the "faith".

Kindly refrain from confusing this in the future.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not a number... just one.
In Islam, violence IS faith.
In all other religions, faith is love.
Islam stands as the only "religion" that condones and promotes violence as a tenet of the "faith".

Kindly refrain from confusing this in the future.
Im not even remotely confused.
Although that is true most religions are peaceful... Its by no means just one religion.
Although it may or may not be the religion itself im speaking of the actions of its followers.
Just an example: Christianity is a blood soaked religion. Historically Countless numbers have been persecuted, tortured and killed in the name of Christianity. Or did we forget the crusades ? Among other things. That doesnt mean theres anything wrong with Christianity as a religion or its followers. It depends on what people choose do in the name of god I suppose.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I used to volunteer with a refugee resettlement agency. Tucson gets over 1,000 legal refugees each year, from all over the world. By far, the most difficult to deal with are those from the Middle East, especially Irag. By nature, they are volatile and very distrusting. They don't trust anyone - not even their own relatives. They always think someone is out to get them. They get offended and angry very easily and quickly. A lot of volunteers simply refused to work with them. Folks from any other place on earth are easier to deal with.

·
Banned
20,845 Posts
Blackcat my good friend,
Bringing up the "crusades" from the 11th century as an argument that Christianity is some sort of "blood thirsty" religion makes you look stupid. Don't look stupid.
Thanks
Slip

Im not even remotely confused.
Although that is true most religions are peaceful... Its by no means just one religion.
Although it may or may not be the religion itself im speaking of the actions of its followers.
Just an example: Christianity is a blood soaked religion. Historically Countless numbers have been persecuted, tortured and killed in the name of Christianity. Or did we forget the crusades ? Among other things. That doesnt mean theres anything wrong with Christianity as a religion or its followers. It depends on what people choose do in the name of god I suppose.

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
What are now thought of as .Muslim lands were Christian for 5 or 600 years prior to Islam. By the use of the sword, the people converted, died or paid a hefty tax to be second class citizens. The Church was slow to respond. Islam nearly conquered Europe. Tours, Vienna, Hungary, Romania, the Reconquesta among others. The conquest of Spain was centuries before the Crusades.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im not saying Christianity is blood thirsty. I cant really think of any such thing with Christianity or Christians now. No problem with either one.
My entire family, relatives, and most of my friends are Christian/Catholic. Im speaking of historically... Are we saying people werent killed in the past for not being Christian (or other religions) or for speaking out against a religion ?

Ill apologize of ive stepped on some toes. Im mildly aware that I probably push peoples buttons (or at least I think I do) especially when it comes to contravercial topics. Its not intentional im not even completely aware of it (more like a feeling)

It seems like I have a talent for insulting people every time I speak although I dont intend to.
I was actaully discussing this with my family a few days ago... My small circle of friends in real life get pissed off at me on a regular (daily) basis for things I say. For some reason I can never see understand the reason why. Sometimes it just randomly comes too me years later and I think "da*n... I understand now"

Three things:
- I dont care what people think of me
- I generally like people whether I agree with them or not and feel horrible that I push buttons or generally aggravate people.
- I never let go or forgive my own transgressions (once I recognize them)

That being said... I should really learn to avoid the controversial topics lol.
Also im out of my mind with this cold thats been flooring my family for about two weeks. The room is spinning, and im drinking.
So I will step out of these threads till my head is clear and try to avoid them in the future.
Tonight im going to see if I can sleep.

·
Banned
20,845 Posts
As the brothers say in the ATL, "its all good".

Listen and you will learn my son.

Im not saying Christianity is blood thirsty. I cant really think of any such thing with Christianity or Christians now. No problem with either one.
My entire family, relatives, and most of my friends are Christian/Catholic. Im speaking of historically... Are we saying people werent killed in the past for not being Christian (or other religions) or for speaking out against a religion ?

Ill apologize of ive stepped on some toes. Im mildly aware that I probably push peoples buttons (or at least I think I do) especially when it comes to contravercial topics. Its not intentional im not even completely aware of it (more like a feeling)

It seems like I have a talent for insulting people every time I speak although I dont intend to.
I was actaully discussing this with my family a few days ago... My small circle of friends in real life get pissed off at me on a regular (daily) basis for things I say. For some reason I can never see understand the reason why. Sometimes it just randomly comes too me years later and I think "da*n... I understand now"

Three things:
- I dont care what people think of me
- I generally like people whether I agree with them or not and feel horrible that I push buttons or generally aggravate people.
- I never let go or forgive my own transgressions (once I recognize them)

That being said... I should really learn to avoid the controversial topics lol.
Also im out of my mind with this cold thats been flooring my family for about two weeks. The room is spinning, and im drinking.
So I will step out of these threads till my head is clear and try to avoid them in the future.
Tonight im going to see if I can sleep.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts