Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Merle is one of my top two favorite walking dead characters.

I tend to be a more intelligent version of Andrea. I'm not afraid of guns, risk or engaging the enemy. However, I would've had no problem taking the governor out once I determined where his loyalties were.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
The guy with the motorcycle (can't remember the character name :?:); I'm sort of squirrely, a little hard to read, but fiercely loyal and ready to get down to protect those I care about.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
There is no reason that could recommend a zombie movie other than the escape and hilarity it may provide.

The fighting is far too staged, the concept of dead bodies can continue to move and go after, of all things - brains - is just too far beyond "X-files" to be considered anything but fantasy.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
There is no reason that could recommend a zombie movie other than the escape and hilarity it may provide.

The fighting is far too staged, the concept of dead bodies can continue to move and go after, of all things - brains - is just too far beyond "X-files" to be considered anything but fantasy.
I rather choose to view Zombies as a metaphor for whatever may befall society. I will concede most Zombie movies are lacking in any real cinematic value, other than simple entertainment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I really like the show. From the clues in the episode set at the CDC lab I suspect that the Zombies are caused by an experiment in battlefield emergency medicine gone wild, the disease re-boots the brainstem, minimally, bringing a fatality back to life - I think DOD researchers thought they'd found the biggest advance since Morphine and Sulfa powder.
Well, I'd like to be Glenn, tapping Maggie he's the luckiest guy in their zombie apocalypse !
Can't say that I'm much like any of the characters except (the late) Dale, and maybe Otis - though I hope I wouldn't be so careless as to shoot a living kid.
Come to think of it, I could end up like Guillermo, the last custodian of a nursing home, hanging on, trying to do the right thing, trapped - kinda like my job now ...

·
Premium Member
118 Posts

I think bodies rising from the grave and craving for brains will never ever happen - but something like a human version rabies or for example the "rage virus" in the film 28 days later could very easily happen - look at recent virus's like bird flu and swine flu.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I think bodies rising from the grave and craving for brains will never ever happen - but something like a human version rabies or for example the "rage virus" in the film 28 days later could very easily happen - look at recent virus's like bird flu and swine flu.
Yeah, the walking dead where the body has actually died is not going to happen, but the world has had a history of mental illness and retardation since the beginning. A virus or chemical that could completely change a persons higher brain reasoning, and revert them into a rabid, rage ridden, savage is possible whether how unlikely. But when you see part of our society turn to savagery close enough over hearing a court decision they don't like you'd have to wonder just how unlikely.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.