Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I enjoy this forum. More focus on survival and prepping then the sky be falling. I frequent a few other web sites and if you don't believe the economic collapse is going to start Monday you are pretty much out of sync with their reality. While I do think our nation is in significant financial trouble, and that economic collapse will some day happen, I don't see it happening right now. I personally believe that it won't happen without a catastrophic event designed to make it so. Why? Because I think the powers that be like the lives they live, and they will insure it continues. I don't think the elites want to be the elites of a crashed world they want to be the elites of a world with fancy new cars, latest gadget devices, and the superior status over the middle class. An elite in a post economic collapse world (please look at Argentina) is a target. Now of course they can run off to a bunker some where but that world is no where near the same as the jet setting one they enjoy today. Whatever it takes - I think they will make it continue for us - for some time. To me the only threat of economic collapse right now is due to the influence of God or an evil man/woman. The later creating an event that would shake our markets and collapse our dollar. I'm growing leary / weary of the sites that think because the FED over printed we're going to jump into hyper inflation tomorrow. Where as Gold/Silver have just deflated 33 to 50%. Houses deflated 5 years ago. Fuel prices are off their hights finally and change with wind so its hard to put a fix on them in terms of inflation / deflation. Guns and ammo went up over demand and supply not the cost of goods or production. JMHO

·
Registered
559 Posts
Yup. Keep the crash slow, boil the frog slowly so they can get the batter and butter ready to eat the legs ;). IMHO they have kept 'the wheels' on longer than I thought they could, now I think they will keep it together for a few more years at least.

The long term view though; we are going to have a DRASTICALLY different future. If you haven't watched it I highly suggest watching the Crash Course at Peak Prosperity | Insights for Prospering as Our World Changes it will really help explain how things WILL be different.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I am not so worried about the earth flipping upside down the magnetic pole thing if it does I am dead.
The nuke war strike again not high on my list
Natural disasters like storms floods a possibility at least that short term life could get difficult ready for it and then some
Civil unrest brought on by economic collapse brought on by the government just passing out more than it has and when it runs out SHTF likely IMO.
The system is broken and living on borrowed time and someone else money they have not even made yet.. Look at the news today about Detroit's debt and what they plan to do . 10 cents on the dollar on secured debt, unsecured no more payments. To much for me to type out.
Is CA next? how will Obama bail them out, what if he can't.
I pray it don't happen but a wise man prepares not the sharpest tack in the box but I am prepared.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I am not so worried about the earth flipping upside down the magnetic pole thing if it does I am dead.
The nuke war strike again not high on my list
Natural disasters like storms floods a possibility at least that short term life could get difficult ready for it and then some
Civil unrest brought on by economic collapse brought on by the government just passing out more than it has and when it runs out SHTF likely IMO.
The system is broken and living on borrowed time and someone else money they have not even made yet.. Look at the news today about Detroit's debt and what they plan to do . 10 cents on the dollar on secured debt, unsecured no more payments. To much for me to type out.
Is CA next? how will Obama bail them out, what if he can't.
I pray it don't happen but a wise man prepares not the sharpest tack in the box but I am prepared.
Oh I hope and pray the .fedgov doesn't start bailing out the .stategovs. That would be a line crossed. Let them eat their cake...

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Back in the 1930's about 80% of people lived on farms so the the Great Depression hit it wasn't a SHTF problem as most people were existing on their own supply chain.

Fast forward to 2013 and about 3% of people living on farms and the paradigm has shifted, plus half the population expecting a check from the guvment each month ( federal workers as well as federal assistance).

I sold out my business in Jan of 2008 as I thought the banking crisis would end us and obviously I didn't figure on a trillion dollar bailout, followed by several trillion more in bail outs.

The bottom line is if it wasn't for Zero percent interest rates for several years, relaxing banking rules and enforcements, trillion dollar deficits n guvment spending, this would have been over in 2009

I don't think the current system will survive 2013

Yes the elites want to maintain thier lifestyles but they also would suffer a little pain if they could replace the US currency with a global system

Besides, a one world order completes biblical prophecy.

Reactions: Meangreen

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I enjoy this forum. More focus on survival and prepping then the sky be falling. I frequent a few other web sites and if you don't believe the economic collapse is going to start Monday you are pretty much out of sync with their reality. While I do think our nation is in significant financial trouble, and that economic collapse will some day happen, I don't see it happening right now. I personally believe that it won't happen without a catastrophic event designed to make it so. Why? Because I think the powers that be like the lives they live, and they will insure it continues. I don't think the elites want to be the elites of a crashed world they want to be the elites of a world with fancy new cars, latest gadget devices, and the superior status over the middle class. An elite in a post economic collapse world (please look at

Argentina) is a target. Now of course they can run off to a bunker some where but that world is no where near the same as the jet setting one they enjoy today. Whatever it takes - I think they will make it continue for us - for some time. To me the only threat of economic collapse right now is due to the influence of God or an evil man/woman. The later creating an event that would shake our markets and collapse our dollar. I'm growing leary / weary of the sites that think because the FED over printed we're going to jump into hyper inflation tomorrow. Where as Gold/Silver have just deflated 33 to 50%. Houses deflated 5 years ago. Fuel prices are off their heights finally and change with wind so its hard to put a fix on them in terms of inflation / deflation. Guns and ammo went up over demand and supply not the cost of goods or production. JMHO
Yep I believe that it will happen slowly and they can keep raising the dept ceiling as high as they want and keep kicking the can down the road forever. But whats going to happen when the people that buy our bad dept put a limit cap on our credit?
The day China says that they can no longer afford to lend money to a country that wouldn't even try to make an effort to control it's own spending or it's own dollar devaluation. When wall street opens the next morning it's not going to be controllable any more it will be out of our hands. Wall Street will free fall. The panic buying will start it there will no longer be the question of "when?" We will know the time has come. wall street will close Early that day so the president can come on TV and tell us that we have stopped quantum easing and now everything is going to be OK. Just like now. It may take a while to get used to the Ganges trying to kick your door open and take what you have but it won't be that bad. What do you think it will be like in the city when they find out there check ain't coming?
Yes the buildings will burn slow but it won't be that bad. Do you people really think it might now happen tonight?
That's why I'm getting ready slowly ---It wouldn't be that bad---

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Yep I believe that it will happen slowly and they can keep raising the dept ceiling as high as they want and keep kicking the can down the road forever. But whats going to happen when the people that buy our bad dept put a limit cap on our credit?
The day China says that they can no longer afford to lend money to a country that wouldn't even try to make an effort to control it's own spending or it's own dollar devaluation. When wall street opens the next morning it's not going to be controllable any more it will be out of our hands. Wall Street will free fall. The panic buying will start it there will no longer be the question of "when?" We will know the time has come. wall street will close Early that day so the president can come on TV and tell us that we have stopped quantum easing and now everything is going to be OK. Just like now. It may take a while to get used to the Ganges trying to kick your door open and take what you have but it won't be that bad. What do you think it will be like in the city when they find out there check ain't coming?
Yes the buildings will burn slow but it won't be that bad. Do you people really think it might now happen tonight?
That's why I'm getting ready slowly ---It wouldn't be that bad---
You haven't been keeping current. The Chinese had 3 trillion in US treasuries, now the accepted amount is 1 trillion.

So the ****** have been dumpling US dollars as fast as they can and it will not stop. This is a smart move as they have unloaded US debt while acquiring Gold, and other assets including half of a major oil refinery in Texas and are currently bidding on the USA's largest pork farm.

The Federal Reserve (which is a private corporation for the newbs) is not selling treasuries to nations, they are currently just printing the required money to keep everything afloat to the tune of $85 billion a MONTH. It is no more complicated than the banker in Monopoly just pulling extra cash out from under the table to satisfy outstanding debts.

As China unloads treasuries they "think" they are gaining leverage in their gold stockpiles and with annoying forsight they think they will be able to establish a new global currency. Oh shucks they forgot about the global elite that have figured this all out.

My suggestion is, get out of debt, get off the grid, get some food and guns, and prepare for the end of the world.

Plus peace and love an bunny rabbits!

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
I tend to agree with you but just remember that the "great recession" happened almost overnight. Actually over a weekend it all went sideways. Inflation, etc can actually happen very quickly too.

But I do feel that we are watching more of a slow motion disaster than anything else.

Prep for risk, likelihood and impact and you'll be covered over 80% of the time

·
Super Moderator
9,356 Posts
Yep I believe that it will happen slowly and they can keep raising the dept ceiling as high as they want and keep kicking the can down the road forever. But whats going to happen when the people that buy our bad dept put a limit cap on our credit? ......... When wall street opens the next morning it's not going to be controllable any more it will be out of our hands. Wall Street will free fall. The panic buying will start it there will no longer be the question of "when?"
Actually there are programs in place that if the market does start a free fall it will shut down. A complete crash cannot happen in a day.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Guns and ammo went up over demand and supply not the cost of goods or production. JMHO
If you'll just remember that guns and ammo have always been the best precious metal investment, and always will be ... then nothing else matters.

I agree, things are not going to collapse overnight - but it is coming sooner or later. If China calls-in the loans tomorrow then it starts tomorrow. The moment the Arabs quit taking U.S. Dollars in exchange for oil, it happens that moment.

Otherwise, I agree, we're just slowly slipping into the abyss - how deep we go is anyone's guess.

·
Registered
24,346 Posts
OPEC has been trying to switch from the dollar as a base to the euro.
Yup. And many countries have already tossed aside the dollar and are trading in their own currencies.

The game is nearing the end for the dollar as the world reserve currency, so the end is near for the great, middle income lifestyle we have known.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
I know, you go on some other sites there's some kooky sons a guns out there. Like gunkid.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
IDK "gunkid" but I do know there are some very real kooks.

Of course we must watch and be sure the dollar isn't dropped in its exchange for oil. I view that not happening as about all we get from the House of Saud. Imagine if Iran and Venezuela announced "gold only" for oil and set their rate in terms of what they wanted in terms of bullion for oil. But they don't. Not yet anyway.

·
Registered
24,346 Posts
So, it'll be a good time to start being concerned when half of the top ten economies start dropping the dollar as the reserve currency?

The agreement made with the House of Saud set the USD as the de facto world currency. Times, though, are a changin'. Nations are circumventing the dollar and China is the ringleader of the movement. China and Russia, that is.

This trend is not going to reverse. Sure, the U.S. government destroyed Iraq and killed Hussein because Iraq dropped the petrodollar, but don't expect to do that, everywhere.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
These nations still trade in dollars. I have seen this report and it is twisted to suggest these nations no longer use the dollar and that isn't true. What they did do and have done is agreed to use other currencies if they want too and I suspect they do, but they still use the dollar as well. I'm not saying its good, but it's over stated to suggest the dollar is not their reserve currency. For example the dollar has never been China or Russia's reserve currency. Their agreements enable them to trade in their currencies. But guess what! They still use the dollar to set the standard in what is paid for those goods and resources. It would be different if a producing nation says no dollars, don't want them, and will take gold only. And it would have to be more than one and a producing group at that.

If Assad wanted to screw America good he would get Iran, Venezuela, Libya, and Egypt to immediately 100% reject dollars and demand gold only for the resources they sale.

So, it'll be a good time to start being concerned when half of the top ten economies start dropping the dollar as the reserve currency?

The agreement made with the House of Saud set the USD as the de facto world currency. Times, though, are a changin'. Nations are circumventing the dollar and China is the ringleader of the movement. China and Russia, that is.

This trend is not going to reverse. Sure, the U.S. government destroyed Iraq and killed Hussein because Iraq dropped the petrodollar, but don't expect to do that, everywhere.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts