Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK let's imagine an economic collapse, Obama declares martial law, then himself king... what happens after that?
I'm asking from the moment it becomes public until after millions are loaded into rail cars.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
EDT: 1. Texas declares it's independance.

2. Civil war breaks out in the military and law enforcement ranks, which gives the populace precious time to ask the million dollar question, "WTF".

3. Obama realizes that for all his adoring followers none of them ever expected to actually have to do anything, and they stayed on the couch waiting on their next check and food stamp voucher. The White House is stunned to learn that the 125% East Coast voter turn out wasn't real.

4. Texas invades New England, and then gives it to Canada.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You don't have to work too hard to imagine that ;)
Actually I'm having difficulty trying to imagine how (not if) it would be pulled off... that's why I asked.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's ok. Someone else here keeps calling me douchebag. Admin doesn't care & I can handle it.
But,I think you were joking
I was joking but do you prefer one over the other?

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
The first thing that happens will be just another day with a small power outage. we have all experienced that and it is no big deal.
So after finding out that all those new cars don't run and that even the newer diesels don't run and the radios don't work we begin to get the idea that something more is going on.
1. The governments, local, regional and federal will be heard on the few radios that still work saying that this is just a major inconvenience and the power will be back on in a few days. There will be scattered riots in the larger cities but maybe nothin local.
2. The chain stores will close their doors because they can't make transactions and bank will close because they have no way to make any transactions. People will start to wonder but most will believe the government that it will all be back to normal in a few days.
3. Some of the smaller "mom and pop" stores will stay open but because of the demand purchases will be limited. There may be a policeman there to provide security for the store.
4. Small groups of thugs or violent gangs will be reported and you will be told to stay in your home and not to panick. It will be back to normal in a few days.
5. Some neighbors or friends will form small groups to support each other while others will form to get what they need no matter the cost.
6. Fires and riots will break out in your town and nobody will show up. No fire department and no police. Now people get worried and don't believe the radio spot from the president that says everything will be back to normal in a week or two.
7. There are raiding parties going from block to block and house to house looking for food, water and "entertainment". There is no water coming from the faucets and no food in any of the stores. No gas or diesel is available and your block is the next one on the raiders list.
8. Your world has ended.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THAT is exactly the type of info I was asking for. But... I didn't die in #7 so it's not over yet. Then what?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Obama has created a personna where he champions for the little guy. Some people (enough to elect and re-elect him) believe that Obama really is trying to help them. Trying to give them free phones, universal health care, trying to redistribute the wealth of the rich. He has successfully pitted himself against da Republicans, and has portrayed them as the evil group. Somehow Obama got a 2nd term by running on a reformer, outsider platform. The followers have eaten this up. They actually believe him,and that he is not part of the problem. When he got re-elected he demanded tax cuts, got them to avoid the fiscal cliff, and now is trying for more taxes on the business owners, who he has successfully portrayed as rich. He has used the media to portray the Republicans as the problem. The Republicans are evil because they are not going to compromise by rolling over and giving him what he wants, so here we are with the Sequester. He tried to scare the population, but that backfired. Nobody stopped all these crucial things last Monday. However, he is shutting down the White House visits and still trying to scale people into blaming the republicans. See, he is still playing the outsider. Him vs. the evil republicans.

If he is successful in getting the majority of the population to believe this crap, why couldn't he declare martial law at the next crisis/disaster, take away guns, etc. He's already trying to take away guns, but those who respect the 2nd Amendment are not tolerating it. So, he is doing what he can...taxing the stuff. Sin tax, because it is a sin to have a gun.

·
Registered
193 Posts
what happens? A whole lot of dying.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Economic collapse will be engineered. No way the GOVMT is dumb enough to drop this ball. Well oneday look back and go damn. Whered the middle class go. Too many sheeple still to do much about it. IMO

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
1) A month of growing tension and sporadic battles between (Syria / Iran) and (Israel / Saudi Arabia) cause oil prices to seek new highs. Speculators fearing Egypts involvment for Syria / Iran drive oil prices to record $200 a barrel levels, and gasoline in the states exceeds $6 a gallon for the first time.

2) Venezuela's new leader, a communist with more hatred for America then Hugo, managed to secure a vote from OPEC to stop taking US Dollars for oil. OPEC members are only allowed to take Gold, Silver, Yuan or grains. This causes a steep decline in the dollars value, which causes many nations holding US debt to start selling, at first on the low down so only the insiders know, but eventually the word gets out. Oil skyrockets in terms of dollars due to the demand for exchange. In the second month of this equation oil doubles to $400 a barrel and the gasoline prices hit $10.

3) With $10 a gallon gasoline, the dollar in free fall, the third month gets worse for America as public employee unions and utility unions demand monthly pay differentials to cover the costs of fuel. After all driving to a nuclear power plant is now very expensive. Several nuclear power plants are closed, taken off line because maintenance teams are unable to pay for the cost of going. Unemployment "stated rates" exceed 10% and the US deficit grows as do unemployment benefits. Street protests break out as the United Occupy movement demands food stamps, unemployment benefits, social security payments all increase to cover the rapid rise in the cost of goods.

4) In month four China, Russia, India get on board with Venezuela and no longer want US dollars. They managed to divest their US debt - now held almost exclusively by the "FED." Inflation rates are soaring but they aren't stated. They can best be described in $12.50 per gallon gasoline, $100 silver, $3,000 an ounce gold. Unemployment stated rate increases to 12%. Yes 2% in one month.

5) With the dollar is total collapse the UN moves to instill the "Green Back" a world reserve currency to be used in the exchange of "money" between nation states. With the digital green back in place the rich and elite begin divesting in US dollars at alarming rates. The dollars collapse is in full swing now with oil moving to $1000 a barrel if you can get someone to take a $1000. Silver doubles to $200, gold to $5,000 and the obvious state of economic turmoil, riots, and crime waves in America bring gasoline to $20 a gallon, and unemployment in month five 15% ( we all know that means 30).

6) Dictator obama declares marshall law, imposed price controls on gasoline at $25 a gallon, and states clearly we will not import any more gasoline. We will only use what we can produce which means its now limited to those who can afford it, governments and so forth. Any selling of gasoline over $25 a gallon will result in a 2 year prison sentence, silver is to b fixed at $250 an ounce, gold at $6,000 and selling them for any more is a criminal offense. Firearms shops are ordered closed but it doesn't really matter - they ran out of goods 3 months ago, all ammunition produced is purchased by the Fed Govt and some is distributed to local law enforcement.

And Just when the masses figure out hyper inflation

7) The FED demands repayment and begins collecting dollars, the people eager to divest in dollars and move to tangibles due to hyper inflation suddenly don't have the resources to make utility payments, buy gasoline, pay taxes or mortgage payments. A harsh deflationary state hits thanks to the price controls. Those with gold, silver and other assets are forced to sell for growingly less and less in order to secure the nearly impossible to find "cash" to pay necessary bills.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
If you are still in the area past #4 then you need to have a group of trustworthy folks (12 - 16 adults) to help you hold off what comes next.
While putting the heads on spikes may sound good it is better to dismember the bodies and partially burn them between access to your place and the street.
A sort of "stop and think about it" sign that says it has been tried before and my friends keep me safe.
You don't want anyone to think you are strong or powerful - just that you have powerful friends. The reason for the partial burning is two fold; 1. it keeps the possibility of disease down and 2. It might keep someone from identifying one of their "friends" which would give them an added incentive to get to you.

You need an "off-site" storage place that you use for provisions but it has to be close enough that you can access and defend it. There will be no less than 3 people on guard at a time and they will rotate every two hours or so.

All that is left is to trade with those you can trust and survive the others for a year or two. It is too late to get out safely unless you have a lot more friends to help with protection and provisions.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Mostly just writing - the thinking has been done so many times that it just comes naturally to me. :)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
The short version....A portion of the US will say oh hell no and resist, others not sure what to do will run in circle scream and shout, the conductor will call out all aboard and those who are out of breath from running in circles will board the train...

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Actually the announcement by OPEC that no more dollars for oil would have me on the move out of town
once and for all. What comes after that is blatantly obvious. No need to wait around for it, but depending
on circumstances I might enjoy making a few trips to the BOL.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts