Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

301 - 320 of 339 Posts

·
Registered
8,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #306 ·
I've never heard of the Endless Match.

I always learn from you.
They're pretty cheesy and usually cheap. But all they need to do is work once and your butt is saved. They won't last forever (like any ferro rod won't), but for an emergency kit, a $4 firestarter is a good investment.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Weight rating of 350? You got to be pushing that. I note you said "when I sat up this morning". So most of your weight (however much that is) was concentrated on one point of the cot, essentially through your backside. I could see that ripping a seam. Sucks though. They don't really make them for heavy people, which is funny, as it is usually heavy people (people who would have more trouble getting up from the ground) that want camping cots. Maybe you could attach some webbing straps at key stress-points of the cot to prevent all the weight from being born by the seams in those areas?

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Your ripped and replacement cots don't look like their oversized model that has a weight rating of 350 lbs.

They look more like their normal cots which have a weight rating for 300 lbs,

You didn't mention they were oversized and corrected yourself on "king size" in the videos.

I'd say 260 is pushing 300, especially with a directed "bottom weight".

Glad the new one worked out for you.

·
Registered
8,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #316 ·

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Standard Kwik Cot

Product Specifications:
Setup: 79″L x 29″W x 19″H
Bed: 29″L x 79″W
Weight: 19 lbs
Capacity: 300 lbs
Folded: 39″L x 8″W x 7″H
Shipping: 40″L x 9″W x 8″H

·
Registered
8,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #318 ·
Standard Kwik Cot

Product Specifications:
Setup: 79″L x 29″W x 19″H
Bed: 29″L x 79″W
Weight: 19 lbs
Capacity: 300 lbs
Folded: 39″L x 8″W x 7″H
Shipping: 40″L x 9″W x 8″H
If that was the cot I had, the following air pad I purchased WOULD BE LARGER than the cot.(specs from the NEMO website herein referred to as Exhibit "A")

Specs
& Sizing
Minimum Weight 3 lb , 0 oz / 1.36 kg
Packed Weight 3 lb , 1 oz / 1.4 kg
Packed Size 12.0 x 7.5 in dia / 31 x 19 cm dia
Climate Three-Season
R-Value 3.3
Thickness 3.5 in
Dimensions 80 x 30 x 3.5 in / 203 x 76 x 9 cm
Shape Rectangular
Measurements emphasis.

I recall a rather famous criminal trial where the phrase "If it does not fit, you must acquit" came from.

Still not convinced? Here's a [redacted] screenshot of the original order (herein referred to as Exhibit "B"):

Order-1.jpg

And with your permission, counselor, I'd like to enter the following into evidence (herein referred to as Exhibit "C"): A [redacted] scan of the packing slip for the replacement.

Order-2.jpg

Those are my closing arguments. The defense rests, Your Honor.

301 - 320 of 339 Posts