Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For quite a while, I've been working on a simple, 1-page outline for all preppers, new and experienced. I wanted to create a basic overview of what you should be doing, and when you should be doing it. I worked on it again tonight, and came up with a format I'm happy with.

I know not everything on here will apply to everyone, but I think it would be a good resource for everyone. If there's something you think should be included, post it here. However, please don't make it specific to you. Keep it as general as possible.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks good, like the one page format. I see a pulse sealer but no mention of Mylar bags and O2 absorbers.

·
Registered
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Copy that, but consider that everyone owns an iron... just add mylar... better for long term sealing.

HOW ABOUT essential prepper library books. I have (4) that I would not be without.
I can't list everything needed even for just one facet of prepping. How long will different food items last? What about food-grade buckets? What's the deal with gamma lids? Do you include desiccants?

What would I do if someone said, "You list first aid kits, but don't say what's supposed to be in one"? Or "About this water thing... why do you not list containers, filters, collection systems, methods of purifying....."? "Gardening".... means seeds, hoes, rakes, water hoses, fences........ What goes into my Bub-Out Bag? See a pattern here?

The idea is to provide a seed for the reader to plant and do their own research, not make it a how-to.

Here's my hard-copy library:
Food Storage 101, Peggy Layton
How To Survive TEOTWAWKI, James Wesley, Rawles
Prepper's Instrucion Manual, Arthur Bradley
The Doctors Book of Home Remedies, Sid Kirchheimer
Surviving Doomsday, Richard Duarte
Curing Everyday Ailments the Natural Way, Reader's Digest
The Urban Survival Handbook, Cook, Mattos & Morrison
Physical Security (FM 3-19.30 or ATTP 3-39.32), US Army
Survival Handbook, John Wiseman
Emergency Food Storage, Peggy Layton
The Prepper's Pocket Guide, Bernie Carr
Disaster Preparedness for EMP Attacks and Solar Storms, Arthur Bradley
Crisis Preparedness Handbook, Jack Spigarelli
When All Hell Breaks Loos, Cody Lundin
First Aid Fundamentals, James Hubbard
Emergency War Surgery, NATO

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
If there's something you think should be included, post it here.
Looks like you've covered it all.

No need for recommendations.

Reactions: Michael_Js

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Copy that, but consider that everyone owns an iron... just add mylar... better for long term sealing.

HOW ABOUT essential prepper library books. I have (4) that I would not be without.
Curious to know what those four books are for you?

·
Registered
68 Posts
OK, then. You included a pulse sealer which is a bit deeper than generalities so I thought you might be open to something else. I was wrong. Looks like you list is complete.
@stevekozak I will get the info off them and make a post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts