Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,646 Posts
And to go with that slow demise... this is a good article that will highlight the process as it relates to a elections and a one party system.

The Sovereign Crime of Industrial Scale Vote Fraud
Exactly what I've been thinking. This time the fraud was in the open, in your face. Those who believe we will win back seats in the next election are delusional. They have openly admitted what the did in the Time article. If anyone thinks this was the first and last time, they must have their heads stuck in a dark place.

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,614 Posts
I reviewed this thread all of the way through, and it reveals the high intellect of the opponents of the Left.
Th Left are packs and hordes of virtual idiots, and that does not make for an army of good fighters.

And they are not united, they are packs and crowds of disparate groups, with no cohesion. It only looks like there is unity. Their ideation of cohesion, is only a mental disorder if you ask me.

Right now, my thinking is, they won’t be that hard to beat, if the shooting starts, and that is a recent change in me. Their fierceness is about to be met, by gunfire; by people who are no longer intimidated by them. By people desperate to save their homes and loved ones, from ravening wolves.

I think that any civil war in America will go down like the Mahdi did, at Omdurman. He was united, in about the same way that Antifa is, in that, they had a common hatred. But they weren’t smart, they charged Gatling Guns and field artillery and British infantry. They were wiped out within 15 minutes.

Note: See, I told you there was high intellect on our side. Leave it to me to know about Omdurman.
For more on that see The River War, by Winston S. Churchill

The Mahdi and what he is considered to be in Islam::: Brittanica Encyclopedia mahdi | Definition, Islam, & Eschatology

·
Registered
204 Posts
Product Sharing Font News Event

Yeah, I know it's simplistic. But it goes along with Mr Mills. I think the rough and tough antifa types will fill their drawers and run home once they meet real resistance in a no holds barred grudge match.
Now, I'm also sure there are some who will have the experience to not only stand to, but also rally the weaker ones around them. But they will not be in the majority.
Not that I'm advocating anything, just speculation based on past observation.

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,614 Posts
View attachment 112827

Yeah, I know it's simplistic. But it goes along with Mr Mills. I think the rough and tough antifa types will fill their drawers and run home once they meet real resistance in a no holds barred grudge match.
Now, I'm also sure there are some who will have the experience to not only stand to, but also rally the weaker ones around them. But they will not be in the majority.
Not that I'm advocating anything, just speculation based on past observation.
Simplistic? Take your gun and point it at mirror, just like you were going to shoot your image. That is a scary sight, and disturbing, and if that is not enough to stop them, then shoot them. You are worth something, and I am worth something, and everyone on this forum is worth something.

I didn’t start this havoc, and I want to be able to sit in my comfy chair and rest when I am tired. I can’t do that if a pack of ravening wolves show up and torch the place. It’s all pretty complex when you consider things.
Husbands have wives and kids, and the families are worth keeping alive. Usurpers however are not.

Reactions: Black 5

·
Registered
61 Posts
Good morning all. Hope this post finds everyone well and in good health.

Honestly I am not even sure what I am asking or if I am asking anything at all. When I started into prepping it was because I thought something catastrophic could happen. All the sexy prepper topics like nuclear war, EMP, an actual pandemic etc is what initially grabbed my thought process and got me prepping. I think it was after Katrina and watching the aftermath and abysmal response that gave me the realization that help really wouldn't be coming in a larger event.

Over the last few years my thought process began shifting on what SHTF really means to me or how it could actually occur. Instead of a one off major event crashing everything around us (and I know those could still happen) I am now thinking that we are already in a SHTF event but it is materializing so slowly that many do not recognize it for what it is. Is that too pessimistic?

I am just watching what is happening daily here at home and thinking it is here but it is going to be a slow burn. How does one prepare for that? Instead of an immediate plunge into post apocalyptic society where there is no law and order and everyone has to fend for themselves, prepared or not, are we seeing the slow downfall of our Country? What does that mean? What should we expect? Something similar to what recently happened in Venezuela? Are we looking at a Baltic split and resulting wars? Something where the world is still going on around us but we are in chaos here at home? Have we gone too far at this point to walk this back and preserve our Country?

Strange as it sounds, there seems to be a bit of freedom if we are in a SHTF situation where everyone is in the same boat. Obviously preppers would be in a much better overall situation then most of the population. In a slow burn scenario where the Country just fails little by little, rights are slowly stripped away, the economy slowly crumbles beneath our feet, it seems that prepping for that would be more difficult.

I guess what I am really asking is, are any of you thinking this way? If you are, are there things you are doing differently to prepare for such an eventuality?
It is a slow burn, or a "crumble" as I'm calling it. It always is, really. Rome didn't fall, it crumbled. It failed when the people lost their will to fight to maintain their civilization. The sack of Rome was just the end.. and not even the end, as the Eastern Roman Empire continued for centuries more. As much as we talk about preparing for survival in an acute and releatively short-term event (even a year or several years), I think we should consider long term preservation of our skills and knowledge and beliefs. Think decades --> transgenerationally.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Think decades --> transgenerationally.

I agree, in fact, when you reach your 70s you are, in fact, taking knowledge of the decades. Personally, I find this a very sad situation as time and beliefs whittle down loved ones.

For example, while I am not a regular viewer of M.A.S.H., I did catch an episode where Col. Potter gets a package from his attorney signifying that he is the last living member of his buddies from World War One. This is a very strange situation for people to handle. One, they have outlived the average age of their circle of friends. Two, there is no one to celebrate the victory and take solace in the isolation while they ruminate in a cold, empty room.

In the early 1970s I rode with the CC Riders of Madison, Wisconsin. There were about 60 of these boys, and that group came and went over time. When our good friend "Tiny" died and the oldsters came to view the funeral, I found that there were just four of us who were his remaining friends.

As for your insight into "crumbling," I admit to "been there, done that." The tragedy of that account is that you become very lonely and saddened.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts