Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, gotta get this out while its fresh...Thank GOD for a wonderfull and safe vacation.
Having my new family meet my Arkansas family was great, mostly becouse my Grandma always wanted us to be happy, and even thou she's struggling with alzhiemers I could see that she is happy to see me happy...
Now, the reason I started this thread, a 10 year old boy we can call Hunter..
Hunter was born with some kind of severe deformity, I dont know the name, but his legs were twisted and fused wrong. It was drug related. Sometime later his legs were removed.
This kid has every reason in the world to have pity and resentment, but this little man is so full of life. He seldom gets down and out, poor guy just got a bladder infection after we left.
He is a shining example of can do..I let him start my truck, and he asked "you think I could drive this truck?" so I got us off the highway and let him drive his first truck. He was so happy, oversteering like it was a video game. I have the picture saved. When we got where we were going, he informed his granma he would be driving her vehicle now...Anyway, this young man is an inspiration to my family, and anyone that meets him. He walks like the lady you see on TV, picking himself up off the ground and is amazingly strong. If yopu need a reason to wake up and be thankfull, look around there is someone way less fortunate than you, and they are happy.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I had a sister who was stricken with crippling rhuematoid arthritis in her teens. I do not remember her ever holding resentment living as a victim. She focused on what she could do rather than what she couldn't do.

We lost her while she was in ICU due to a build up of fluid around her heart because the admitting docotor's orders were not followed and no one checked on her for several hours. She basically drown due to fluid in her lungs.

She was, and always will be, my hero for showing me there is a light to be found if one is willing to look for it. Deebo, I hope your little guy finds his light each and every day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts