Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear from a lot of members on this site of the distrust of Law enforcement, or fear of FBI invading their privacy, neither of these entities do I fear as I live the straight and narrow path, even have zero points on my drivers license. But I can tell you who truly scares the living crap out of me.

I have a true story to tell, that was an awaking for me. One that should scare the living [email protected]#$ out of you.

Several years ago my spouse had received a phone call from her disabled brother's girlfriend. My gal had not heard from her brother for over 6 months, so she dropped everything she was doing to speak to her. His girlfriend, I will refer to her as Ms. "D" , who was also disabled, informed us that the police had taken her boyfriend 6 months ago, and she was getting worried that he hasn't been home since.

I took over at this point and called the Florida Police department. Juggling back and forth between Florida PD precincts until I got the right jurisdiction, I was informed that he was never arrested and not on any of their records. I called Ms. 'D' back and asked her to tell me step by step what happened. She said that she and my spouse's brother were at the Circle of Care mental care facility, when 2 police officers grabbed him and took him away.

I called back the Florida police department and spoke to their records department. They kindly looked up the address and informed me that they have only been to that address once and that was due to a minor that was out of control. This is where I was able to connect the dots.

Ms 'D' had a diminished mental capacity, which lead me to believe that she may have mistaken a security team for police officers. The fact that the cops had only been to that hospital once for a minor was the trigger. A minor may not be taken into a mental facility by security without parental permission.

I called Circle of Care only to get stone walled with them saying that they cannot confirm nor deny on whether a patient was their due to HIPPA law. I saw immediately what was going on. This was an insurance fraud scheme. The facility would grab anyone off their property and lock them in a mental ward for 3 days for evaluation, and always deem them unfit, allowing them to hold on to the abducted patient for 3 months. After 3 months, when their disability insurance ended for this stint they would dot the i's and cross the T's and ship them to the Florida state mental facility to cover their butts.

This info took me nearly 2 months to get. I was able to find someone within Circle of Care to admit that my spouses brother was taken, and where they sent him. I called Florida state mental facility and again was stone walled, quoting HIPPA law, they can neither confirm nor deny his presence. At this point I had a brainstorming idea. I google searched to find all the pay phones at the State mental facility and one by one called them asking to speak to my gals brother. Sure enough after 30 minutes of calling numerous pay phones and waiting, I found him.

It turns out that day he was taken he was off his meds and going to the facility for more meds. Now at this point I called the Police station and spoke to a detective. The end result? even the detective could not get anywhere with the facility claiming that they could not discuss anything due to HIPPA law and that he required a search warrant. The problem is, without verification that he was ever there in the 1st place, (my saying so was just not a legal verification) that there was no way he could get a judge to give him a warrant as without verification there was no probably cause.

Her brother has been at this place for several years, with no way for us to get him out. She and I are no longer together, her decision not mine, but that hasn't stopped me from still trying to get him out, even if she doesn't know it. I spent the entire day yesterday on the phone with detectives, crime stoppers, and Florida news stations trying to find some way to have an investigation of Circles of Care, as I can't even imagine how many other people have been abducted off the street or on their premises and sent to the loony bin.

This facility has zero accountability, and has been hiding behind HIPPA law and doing abhorrent, unimaginable illegal actions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Florida must be the land of plenty. Years ago I worked in the mental health field and it was incredibly difficult to get people committed to a state mental health facility.

It wasn't that the entrance requirements were difficult to meet, it was simply a lack of beds.

Most of the time if somebody was poor they ended up out on the street. If they had actual money and third party payer insurance than I would find them a private facility.

I suspect anybody that was held in Florida it wasn't for their disability insurance. I suspect they had some real significant problems.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suspect anybody that was held in Florida it wasn't for their disability insurance. I suspect they had some real significant problems.
I know her brother's complete medical history and he even had a social worker, who was also kept out of the loop along with several other medical professionals that have seen him over the years. Furthermore, there was a trust established and a condo that was purchased for him to live in with his girlfriend. What you are not understanding Jingo is the power of the Mighty dollar, this scam can generate up to $10,000 a month per patient.

Why do you think that a facility like that has only called the police once in 10 years and that was due to the fact it was a minor, which they by law could not take in, only those 18 and over would this scheme work on. Once they bring a person through their doors, the good old HIPPA law and deniability kicks in. This generates multi million dollars worth of social security benefits yearly at just that one establishment. Also curious, Circle of Care main facility had exchanged hands and the Circle of Care portion was shut down earlier this year.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I hear from a lot of members on this site of the distrust of Law enforcement, or fear of FBI invading their privacy, neither of these entities do I fear as I live the straight and narrow path, even have zero points on my drivers license. But I can tell you who truly scares the living crap out of me.

I have a true story to tell, that was an awaking for me. One that should scare the living [email protected]#$ out of you.

Several years ago my spouse had received a phone call from her disabled brother's girlfriend. My gal had not heard from her brother for over 6 months, so she dropped everything she was doing to speak to her. His girlfriend, I will refer to her as Ms. "D" , who was also disabled, informed us that the police had taken her boyfriend 6 months ago, and she was getting worried that he hasn't been home since.

I took over at this point and called the Florida Police department. Juggling back and forth between Florida PD precincts until I got the right jurisdiction, I was informed that he was never arrested and not on any of their records. I called Ms. 'D' back and asked her to tell me step by step what happened. She said that she and my spouse's brother were at the Circle of Care mental care facility, when 2 police officers grabbed him and took him away.

I called back the Florida police department and spoke to their records department. They kindly looked up the address and informed me that they have only been to that address once and that was due to a minor that was out of control. This is where I was able to connect the dots.

Ms 'D' had a diminished mental capacity, which lead me to believe that she may have mistaken a security team for police officers. The fact that the cops had only been to that hospital once for a minor was the trigger. A minor may not be taken into a mental facility by security without parental permission.

I called Circle of Care only to get stone walled with them saying that they cannot confirm nor deny on whether a patient was their due to HIPPA law. I saw immediately what was going on. This was an insurance fraud scheme. The facility would grab anyone off their property and lock them in a mental ward for 3 days for evaluation, and always deem them unfit, allowing them to hold on to the abducted patient for 3 months. After 3 months, when their disability insurance ended for this stint they would dot the i's and cross the T's and ship them to the Florida state mental facility to cover their butts.

This info took me nearly 2 months to get. I was able to find someone within Circle of Care to admit that my spouses brother was taken, and where they sent him. I called Florida state mental facility and again was stone walled, quoting HIPPA law, they can neither confirm nor deny his presence. At this point I had a brainstorming idea. I google searched to find all the pay phones at the State mental facility and one by one called them asking to speak to my gals brother. Sure enough after 30 minutes of calling numerous pay phones and waiting, I found him.

It turns out that day he was taken he was off his meds and going to the facility for more meds. Now at this point I called the Police station and spoke to a detective. The end result? even the detective could not get anywhere with the facility claiming that they could not discuss anything due to HIPPA law and that he required a search warrant. The problem is, without verification that he was ever there in the 1st place, (my saying so was just not a legal verification) that there was no way he could get a judge to give him a warrant as without verification there was no probably cause.

Her brother has been at this place for several years, with no way for us to get him out. She and I are no longer together, her decision not mine, but that hasn't stopped me from still trying to get him out, even if she doesn't know it. I spent the entire day yesterday on the phone with detectives, crime stoppers, and Florida news stations trying to find some way to have an investigation of Circles of Care, as I can't even imagine how many other people have been abducted off the street or on their premises and sent to the loony bin.

This facility has zero accountability, and has been hiding behind HIPPA law and doing abhorrent, unimaginable illegal actions.
Sorry. This fantasy needs to go into the garbage bin. Your entire story is BS…starting with the “Florida Police Dept..”

Your paranoia is evident. Seek Qualified Medical Care.

·
Super Moderator
10,028 Posts
I hear from a lot of members on this site of the distrust of Law enforcement, or fear of FBI invading their privacy, neither of these entities do I fear as I live the straight and narrow path, even have zero points on my drivers license.
You should but I doubt you have seen it. You lived on the other side of the tracks.

Back in the 70's, I saw more than a few cases that resulted in a reason for distrust. And if there is no reason for distrust, why are there a number of organizations dedicated to gaining freedom for those wrongfully incarcerated?

You can say that was decades ago, yet I've seen signs of it throughout the years.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You should absolutely be worried about law enforcement even if you are a law-abiding citizen. Don't think for a second an LEO, whether federal or local, will pass up an opportunity to incriminate you if it means they can advance their career.

·
Super Moderator
10,028 Posts
You should absolutely be worried about law enforcement even if you are a law-abiding citizen. Don't think for a second an LEO, whether federal or local, will pass up an opportunity to incriminate you if it means they can advance their career.
One thing I won't do is lump them all together. Some, both local and federal, what to do a good job and do the right thing.

Are there bad one's out there? Sure there are, but both local and federal are filled with a mixture of both good and bad.

·
Registered
19 Posts
One thing I won't do is lump them all together. Some, both local and federal, what to do a good job and do the right thing.

Are there bad one's out there? Sure there are, but both local and federal are filled with a mixture of both good and bad.
While that may be true, unless you know every single LEO on a personal level, this means nothing when an officer you don't know is questioning or simply talking to you. I'm sure there are cops, even in federal agencies, who have noble goals and ideals. But on a practical level, there's no other choice but to distrust the police. You have no way of knowing whether they are talking to you simply to pass the time, or if it's a Terry stop and they're waiting for you to say something incriminating so they can search your person and/or vehicle. I have family friends who are officers, but I don't trust them or their coworkers at all. Always plead the fifth.

·
Super Moderator
10,028 Posts
While that may be true, unless you know every single LEO on a personal level, this means nothing when an officer you don't know is questioning or simply talking to you. I'm sure there are cops, even in federal agencies, who have noble goals and ideals. But on a practical level, there's no other choice but to distrust the police. You have no way of knowing whether they are talking to you simply to pass the time, or if it's a Terry stop and they're waiting for you to say something incriminating so they can search your person and/or vehicle. I have family friends who are officers, but I don't trust them or their coworkers at all. Always plead the fifth.
So if the going gets rough, your plan is to kill them all and let God sort them out?

Or would you rather just do away with all law enforcement? Disband the whole lot of them?

·
Registered
19 Posts
So if the going gets rough, your plan is to kill them all and let God sort them out?

Or would you rather just do away with all law enforcement? Disband the whole lot of them?
I in no way implied anything like that. I don't have a philosophy on what would make an ideal society or an ideal balance between individual rights and the state's need to maintain order. All I am saying is that modern American law enforcement is highly corrupted. While there may be only 1 "bad apple" per 100 officers, 99 of them will remain silent about that bad apple's behavior for fear of ostracization within their work community (as being a "team player" naturally facilitates upwards movement in any work structure).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts