Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Thanks for the photos Jim. Isn't it like no one can live there until 20,000 years now or something like that? I seen photos of the "Red Forest" which looks like something out of a horror movie! I know there has been huge birth defects, abnormalities in the areas on the maps. Very scary.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the photos Jim. Isn't it like no one can live there until 20,000 years now or something like that? I seen photos of the "Red Forest" which looks like something out of a horror movie! I know there has been huge birth defects, abnormalities in the areas on the maps. Very scary.
Yeah it's gonna be a hotspot for thousands of years!
"An area extending 19 miles (31 km) in all directions from the plant is known as the "zone of alienation." It is largely uninhabited, except for a few residents who have refused to leave. Ukrainian officials estimate the area will not be safe for human life again for another 20,000 years"
Chernobyl disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In a Pythonesque twist, the russkis have declared the Death Zone a wildlife sanctuary!!!-
"As humans were evacuated from the area, existing animal populations multiplied and rare species not seen for centuries have returned or have been reintroduced, for example lynx, wild boar, wolf, Eurasian brown bear, European bison, Przewalski's horse, and eagle owl.
The Exclusion Zone is so lush with wildlife and greenery that in 2007 the Ukrainian government designated it a wildlife sanctuary.It is one of the largest wildlife sanctuaries in Europe

"Areas with higher radiation have fewer animals, survival and reproduction is reduced, sperm are abnormal. Abnormalities are commonplace and mutations rates are much elevated"
Chernobyl disaster effects - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hotspots-

Pictures: Animals Inherit Mixed Legacy at Chernobyl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts