Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is an article from The Truth About Guns.

The assault by power-drunk tech giants on topics, viewpoints and subject matters that don't conform with the current approved, bien pensant orthdoxy continues. ARFCOM has just posted this tweet announcing that GoDaddy has booted them from their service. Because they can.

1. The site appears to be up for now. We've spoken to Brownells which owns ar15.com for comment, but they're still dealing with the situation and don't have an official comment yet.

Do tech companies think that ghetto-izing viewpoints and thought on the internet will somehow bring about the unity and brotherly love that the desiccated husk of Joe Biden keeps proclaiming is his one goal?

Do they think that the heightened levels of animosity and distrust will be lessened by more moves to silence individuals and companies with opposing points of view? Do they even care?

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/the-deplatforming-continues-godaddy-boots-ar15-com/

Note: that is a big forum and pretty conservative .

·
Registered
943 Posts
This is an article from The Truth About Guns.

The assault by power-drunk tech giants on topics, viewpoints and subject matters that don't conform with the current approved, bien pensant orthdoxy continues. ARFCOM has just posted this tweet announcing that GoDaddy has booted them from their service. Because they can.

The site appears to be up for now. We've spoken to Brownells which owns ar15.com for comment, but they're still dealing with the situation and don't have an official comment yet.

Do tech companies think that ghetto-izing viewpoints and thought on the internet will somehow bring about the unity and brotherly love that the desiccated husk of Joe Biden keeps proclaiming is his one goal?

Do they think that the heightened levels of animosity and distrust will be lessened by more moves to silence individuals and companies with opposing points of view? Do they even care?

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/the-deplatforming-continues-godaddy-boots-ar15-com/

Note: that is a big forum and pretty conservative .
Tech companies are just like all other liberal entities. They fear contrary views because they know their own views won't withstand any sort of scrutiny.

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Being it's become more of a pro conservative political site then about prepping my guess is it won't be around long.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I guess it's time to pull out my old Short Wave. Mankind did fine without electronic tech since Adam and Eve. They only have the power over us that we give them. I dumped every, single subscription I had with Communist Big Tech and I'm still walking and talking. We can always share one of our backup emails with each other should things get really bad. But I'm not going to worry about. Make the best of what got with the time we have.

·
Banned
5,063 Posts
That's going to be a "It Depends" answer.

Take notice of the new mods. Other sites are tightening up the rules to appear more PC, hoping to stay on the internet.
Yup Yellowbullet, Arfcom, MGO just to name a couple have done just that.

·
Banned
5,063 Posts
I guess it's time to pull out my old Short Wave. Mankind did fine without electronic tech since Adam and Eve. They only have the power over us that we give them. I dumped every, single subscription I had with Communist Big Tech and I'm still walking and talking. We can always share one of our backup emails with each other should things get really bad. But I'm not going to worry about. Make the best of what got with the time we have.
Tech is killing us and dumbing the sheep down

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Reactions: KUSA

·
Registered
747 Posts
That's going to be a "It Depends" answer.

Take notice of the new mods. Other sites are tightening up the rules to appear more PC, hoping to stay on the internet.
I wonder how difficult it would be to create a server that isn't controlled by the Marxists. I know Gab seemed to find a way. They have been banned from almost every platform out there (PayPal, Patreon, Google, etc.) and yet they came back strong. They're gaining new members at a giant rate of speed. I think Trump just signed up with Gab a couple of days ago.

·
Administrator
15,382 Posts
This is free market capitalism.
Conservative money men could easily start a new web host , if they cared .

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Count down has already started.
Well, I still believe in the greed and bamboozling of 'man.' If this forum closes than all of the members take their money and find another pony ride. Do you really care if the new forum is called "Former Stone-Broke Chatterers" and it has a great discussion forum?

I used to buy knives made in the USA. Now my collection is from Maniago. I'll buy your stuff if it's quality, and if it's not, I'll find the real craftsmen.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Not to jack the thread, but where on the HF/SW bands can one find suitable discussions ?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Not to jack the thread, but where on the HF/SW bands can one find suitable discussions ?
It's been years since I played with my shortwave. In those days, we weren't under Communist rule so seeking "real news" (as opposed to fake news) wasn't really an issue. The days to come will have a new meaning and create a new sense of urgency.

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
This thread don't need no stinking hijacking, because it will morph anyway. If it makes it to 50 posts, you will have to look at the post #1, to see where things started.

They will start talking about their favorite whiskey, around post #30.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts