Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

281 - 300 of 560 Posts

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
I think that is exactly why they did it.
Send a strong message to our allies, and enemies. That America is not at a weak point, to be taken advantage of.

If you follow news from other countries, like BBC, RT, Daily Mail, they were all very shocked at what transpired with the capitol riots.
I highly suggest everyone to check into www.rt.com at least ionce a day. It is the Russian state sponsored media, but there you will find US and world news you won't find in American outlets.
The only message I and a lot of others are getting from this charade is....the white supremacist Trump supporters are dangerous and will be stopped.
This "show of force" is to get the message across to the rest of America that Trump and his supporters are bad, bad people.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,079 Posts
There never has been an election or inauguration like this before.
The JCS were warning not only those "patriots", and I use the term very loosely, who intend to use violence, but also any young impressionable Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, or Marines.

It does not raise my eyebrows. Not at all. They see a threat, they are acting against the threat.
And you can bet right now that at the War College they have been gaming different scenarios since the FBI developed intel about violence even before the mob assault on the capitol.
Quite a few of those "patriots" were broadcasting their intent on Face Book, Twitter, and elsewhere.

Edited to add: If you notice the signatures at the bottom of the official JCS statement, you will see the head of the National Guard signed as well.
I don't see a memo to the public as any form of "acting against the threat". It is some form of political theater.
The military doesn't need to espouse their position. They have none. They follow the orders of their commander in chief.
If Donald J. Trump, as acting executive of the government and commander in chief of the armed forces, has real and credible proof that this election result was fabricated, and he orders the military to take action against those who facilitated the fraud, they better say "yes sir" or resign.

Putting out this memo serves one of two causes.
1. Publicly put the military at odds with their commander's position
2. A disinformation campaign (smoke and mirrors)

·
Super Moderator
8,655 Posts
I don't see a memo to the public as any form of "acting against the threat". It is some form of political theater.
The military doesn't need to espouse their position. They have none. They follow the orders of their commander in chief.
If Donald J. Trump, as acting executive of the government and commander in chief of the armed forces, has real and credible proof that this election result was fabricated, and he orders the military to take action against those who facilitated the fraud, they better say "yes sir" or resign.

I would venture a guess (ok, so I'm hoping in reality) that it's smoke and mirrors. If not we're in deep crap.

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
None of this makes a bit of sense...:vs_frown:

·
Super Moderator
8,655 Posts
Someone just texted me that something is happening in DC. Some sort of security issue. I'm trying to get more info but so far, nothing.

·
Administrator
14,702 Posts
The only message I and a lot of others are getting from this charade is....the white supremacist Trump supporters are dangerous and will be stopped.
This "show of force" is to get the message across to the rest of America that Trump and his supporters are bad, bad people.
Some Trump supporters do indeed fit that description.
We saw that on Jan 6th.

·
Administrator
14,702 Posts

The JCS has made it quite clear, they will not interfere in this election.
What that statement says to me is any order that Trump may issue concerning such will be ignored.

Reactions: Prepared One

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
What that statement says to me is any order that Trump may issue concerning such will be ignored.
The election is over. There is nothing about it to interfere with.

Matters of national security is a different story though.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,079 Posts
Then they should have their resignation papers on hand.
He is their commander. They do not have authority to ignore a constitutional order.

·
Administrator
14,702 Posts
Then they should have their resignation papers on hand.
He is their commander. They do not have authority to ignore a constitutional order.
Ok, I'll play your game.
Trump has about 48 hours left as of this moment.
Let's say he gives "the order" now.
It will take time to mobilize the troops, get their various missions assigned.
This can be milked for several days, until Trump is no longer CIC.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Reactions: KUSA

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Ok, I'll play your game.
Trump has about 48 hours left as of this moment.
Let's say he gives "the order" now.
It will take time to mobilize the troops, get their various missions assigned.
This can be milked for several days, until Trump is no longer CIC.
Speaking of conspiracy theories: Unrelated (probably) but I once read a theory that General George S. Patton was murdered (or at the very least allowed to unnecessarily die) around the time of his car accident. As a student of the man, what is your take on that?

281 - 300 of 560 Posts