Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
7,967 Posts
Too long to watch before Mass today,I need my nap, but the Fed flooded farmlands downstream from the Missouri Dam last year and bankrupted the farmers , and Soros bought it up for pennies on the $

·
Registered
481 Posts
I think this video does a great job talking about how the USDA can and will come in an take your food reserves and farms.

This is why staying off the radar and hiding your excess food supplies is VITAL to the survival of your family. Not only will your neighbors come rob you of when they are starving, but so will the government. I guarantee farmers, preppers, and LDS members will all become a target when the shortages start. Remember this article? Why do you think they are registering gardens in some states????

Why Does the State of Utah Want To Register Survival Gardens?

Keep a low profile. NEVER register your gardens and never show people outside your immediate prepping circle any of your food stores. I only talk about prepping in the context of mainstream media articles and keep my commentary very innocent. I know it's human nature to want to help people, but protect your own above all else.

And when the shortages come and people ask what you have...deny, deny, deny!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, in this day and age of instant gratification, it is difficult for many people to watch anything for very long that is informative rather than mere entertainment. Sign of the times, one reason newspapers are dying.

Be that as it may, while plenty of food storage is all well and good, for long term what you really need is the ability to produce your own food - garden, foraging, etc.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Stuff like this is all dieing off... I don't think it will come back alive until the social media dies online... (Not going to happen I am afraid)

·
Administrator
15,254 Posts
I think this video does a great job talking about how the USDA can and will come in an take your food reserves and farms.

This is why staying off the radar and hiding your excess food supplies is VITAL to the survival of your family. Not only will your neighbors come rob you of when they are starving, but so will the government. I guarantee farmers, preppers, and LDS members will all become a target when the shortages start. Remember this article? Why do you think they are registering gardens in some states????

Why Does the State of Utah Want To Register Survival Gardens?

Keep a low profile. NEVER register your gardens and never show people outside your immediate prepping circle any of your food stores. I only talk about prepping in the context of mainstream media articles and keep my commentary very innocent. I know it's human nature to want to help people, but protect your own above all else.

And when the shortages come and people ask what you have...deny, deny, deny!
I believe FEMA already has the power to sieze any food/water beyond a three day supply to re-distribute during a national or local emergency to those who were too short sighted to prepare. This came out back in 2004 when South Florida was slammed by a number of hurricanes.
It made local news here in Florida.
Ever since then, we let no one, no one, know what we have put back.
If you buy in bulk at Costco or Sams Club detailed records are kept of your purchases and it would be easy for the feds to come to your house for a look.
We shop the sales at local groceries and pay cash. We garden and keep chickens, but so do our neighbors so we do not look out of place.

Reactions: jmh033089 and nadja

·
Registered
481 Posts
Yeah, in this day and age of instant gratification, it is difficult for many people to watch anything for very long that is informative rather than mere entertainment. Sign of the times, one reason newspapers are dying.

Be that as it may, while plenty of food storage is all well and good, for long term what you really need is the ability to produce your own food - garden, foraging, etc.
This is why I only aim to have a 6-9 month supply on hand. It's enough to carry my family through a winter until the spring comes and we have some guarenteed time to forage. I also try to prep things that I cannot grow in my region (fruits, rice, etc).

·
Registered
481 Posts
If you buy in bulk at Costco or Sams Club detailed records are kept of your purchases and it would be easy for the feds to come to your house for a look.
We shop the sales at local groceries and pay cash. We garden and keep chickens, but so do our neighbors so we do not look out of place.
Something southernprepper1 really stresses is having your stores in multiple different locations as well. That way if you get cleaned out, you still have something to fall back on.

I am a wholesale club shopper, but I make it a point not to buy anything more than what the average family of 5 would buy if that were the only store they shopped at. Of course, I shop 4 different stores to take advantage of sales, but they dont know that. I also carry mostly cash when shopping.

·
Registered
130 Posts
We keep how much we have to ourselves as much as possible. I let people know who are close family or can help us out.. I always think of food storage when we go to the store.. Then I think of how much money we spend on food, and watch all these people use food stamps.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Got a quick ? for u. I buy freeze dried, seeds, containers, etc on line. Do u think this is "tracked" like using ck/credit card at a bulk food outlet? I don't like anyone looking over my shoulder.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I believe FEMA already has the power to sieze any food/water beyond a three day supply to re-distribute during a national or local emergency to those who were too short sighted to prepare. This came out back in 2004 when South Florida was slammed by a number of hurricanes.
It made local news here in Florida.
Ever since then, we let no one, no one, know what we have put back.
why does this not surprise me, when shtf there is no fema or government or law enforcement, even if they where they won't last long...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts