Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my hypothesis on the times ahead.

Right after Newtown the chatter of the Assault Weapons Ban caused receivers to spike and then the upper component which is something you can still mail order in most places. The lowers subsided big time after a spike in January but the uppers have remained a little high - they are better now but still a tad high.

My hypothesis is quite simple. This year, from any time now till December 31, 2013 these components are again going to rise. In fact I dare say they are going to skryocket. The price gougers are going to come out of the wood works and I would not be surprised for lowers reaching $300/400 for basic one's and uppers hitting $1k for the same (basic types like Palmetto, Stag, etc). These uppers are usually $500/$600 often with the bolt group.

The reason for this is California. While th "AWB" isn't going to happen in our congress / senate thank God it is going to happen in CA. The people of the state will respond by creating the spike ahead. The ban is moving thru with flying colors in a democratic controlled assembly and senate (they can even block a fillibuster with 2/3rds total control of both houses). Moonbeam will likely sign and the "AR" as we know it will no longer be transferrable in CA - even if you die - kids won't be allowed to inherit. No sales, no transfers - this will kill more than 1/2 of the gun shops in the state most likely since the "AR" is the leading seller.

Shortly after that happens, next Feb/March, the lack of a market in CA is going to mean a "flood" of market in the free states. I imagine by the summer of 2014 there should be a free fall in "AR" components as the mass producers look to replace that CA market which is currently 12.5% to 15% of their business. If Conneticut, New York, Mass, IL, and perhaps someof the other smaller NE states follow suit the "AR" market could lose 33% of its customer base to laws and regulation.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
There on t5he rack price on quality are up a little.
Obama has not given up ,he will be coming for them.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Here is my hypothesis on the times ahead.

Right after Newtown the chatter of the Assault Weapons Ban caused receivers to spike and then the upper component which is something you can still mail order in most places. The lowers subsided big time after a spike in January but the uppers have remained a little high - they are better now but still a tad high.

My hypothesis is quite simple. This year, from any time now till December 31, 2013 these components are again going to rise. In fact I dare say they are going to skryocket. The price gougers are going to come out of the wood works and I would not be surprised for lowers reaching $300/400 for basic one's and uppers hitting $1k for the same (basic types like Palmetto, Stag, etc). These uppers are usually $500/$600 often with the bolt group.

The reason for this is California. While th "AWB" isn't going to happen in our congress / senate thank God it is going to happen in CA. The people of the state will respond by creating the spike ahead. The ban is moving thru with flying colors in a democratic controlled assembly and senate (they can even block a fillibuster with 2/3rds total control of both houses). Moonbeam will likely sign and the "AR" as we know it will no longer be transferrable in CA - even if you die - kids won't be allowed to inherit. No sales, no transfers - this will kill more than 1/2 of the gun shops in the state most likely since the "AR" is the leading seller.

Shortly after that happens, next Feb/March, the lack of a market in CA is going to mean a "flood" of market in the free states. I imagine by the summer of 2014 there should be a free fall in "AR" components as the mass producers look to replace that CA market which is currently 12.5% to 15% of their business. If Conneticut, New York, Mass, IL, and perhaps someof the other smaller NE states follow suit the "AR" market could lose 33% of its customer base to laws and regulation.
You can either make money in the current market with a big money roll and a lot of political savvy OR GET THE F*&K Out !!!!

Any prepper that still lives in CA is seriously delusional or the next Bill Gates.

Sorry I love ya man but that is the fact.

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
Like it or not,as Cal goes, so does the rest of the US. It just usually takes a little time for the trickle down effect.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Like it or not,as Cal goes, so does the rest of the US. It just usually takes a little time for the trickle down effect.
I've been warning some in free states, but they just think it won't happen.
In my not so humble little state we are seeing massive "immigration" from all over. Once Texas Liberals were as rare as Texas Redksins/Eagles/Giants fans. These days, not so much.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
We need to stop talking about AR$'s, You take me into another one and I really have no room or need for any more. Pick it up today.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Same $h!t is happening in VA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm hustling to make sure I have a good AR, pistol and 18.5" shotgun set aside for each of my kids before we can't get them anymore. We have only just seen the very beginnings of Dems war on 2AM.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I've no doubt they'll keep pushing in every state, though California is the central hub for retardation at the moment followed close by New York, Chicago and DC. Not to say there the only one's by far. It's going to come to a head at some point. I'd prefer it come sooner than later while I've still got the strength to put the boots to the heads of said asshats and bullets in their friends. Now if only a few million American's would reach down and see if they've got a pair and join together to bitchslap said asshats out of here.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The problem with the fact CA leads it and few other states care is the "market." Lets face it here one of the best defenses we as gun rights advocates have is a robust market place. The better our market place the safer our guns and the anti's know that. Impose restrictions and decrease the market and the pro gun advocates lose voters by losing its vast market. There is very little the anti's can do nationwide right now, but take out 10% of the market in one state and say 25% with a few more states and the money to defend gun rights and the population of gun owners starts to dwindle.

I've no doubt they'll keep pushing in every state, though California is the central hub for retardation at the moment followed close by New York, Chicago and DC. Not to say there the only one's by far. It's going to come to a head at some point. I'd prefer it come sooner than later while I've still got the strength to put the boots to the heads of said asshats and bullets in their friends. Now if only a few million American's would reach down and see if they've got a pair and join together to bitchslap said asshats out of here.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
The problem with the fact CA leads it and few other states care is the "market." Lets face it here one of the best defenses we as gun rights advocates have is a robust market place. The better our market place the safer our guns and the anti's know that. Impose restrictions and decrease the market and the pro gun advocates lose voters by losing its vast market. There is very little the anti's can do nationwide right now, but take out 10% of the market in one state and say 25% with a few more states and the money to defend gun rights and the population of gun owners starts to dwindle.
I honestly think you've got too much faith in how much people in other states give a damn what California does. The reality is though that the country is split down the middle in viewpoints on the issue in ways and both sides will keep fighting. The liberal, gun hating side is certainly spreading. Like a virus for the most part and I'd prefer to simply cleanse it with fire, but I know we're not there yet. People need a push and I've got faith the left will keep pushing.

·
Registered
640 Posts
All I know is that when they change the spelling of my state from Colorado to Colofornia, I'm outta here! And... that may not be too far away! :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts