Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Abram was born in city name Ur. At the time he was born it was a fertile are flood by the rivers not the Clay dessert you see now .
It has been occupied by many groups dating back to 3800 B.C. of course you must understand history going back that far has a few issue with fact.
Anyway each occupier built on top of the one they took it from. so there are levels of buried tombs and structures.
Politics,War cash have all delayed and stopped the work of unearthing it all.
The most notable above ground structure is what is left of the Ziggurat temple. The base is all that is left .
Contrary to what some may tell you about your US Army and Marines in two wars they secured and protect the site.
Considering it is right next to Tallil Air Base pretty amazing feat. I will admit it was damaged a bit in 1991 .
Most of the pictures I will be post are post hostilities , mean thing were pretty quiet in areas we had locked down.
So much so that Military personal were able to tour the area in a relaxed secure environment security was in place for them.
In some of the pictures as I dig them out of old folders you may see British and other troops mixed in.
I am not going to debate the reason we were there, this is not the place for it.
This part of the world is where the old testament happen it is full of both undiscovered and intentionally hidden history.
Just one of the many place the Army allowed me to stand and experience.
Picture number 1 random picture take some time around 2003-04.
Sky Truck Beige Landscape Bedrock

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some of these were taken from the top looking out . In the distance you will see the wonderful Tent City many of your Service members lived in.
The Civilian you see was allowed to live on sight and proved tours to troops he made a killing in tips. He was a very educated man that spoke prefect English.
Sky Cloud Plain Landscape Horizon Sky Fluid Water Beige Landscape Sky Travel Landscape Brick Tints and shades Sky Beige Bedrock Slope Formation Sky Landscape Building material Archaeological site Ancient history

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There will be more I have to sort through a really messed up drive and also ensure I post nothing that may offend anyone.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How is the Mrs?
She is coming home tomorrow some time. A couple months of healing . Doctors said it went well. I came so she would sleep.
Thank you for asking this is 39 years for us . Selfish I know but I would be lost with out her.

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
She is coming home tomorrow some time. A couple months of healing . Doctors said it went well. I came so she would sleep.
Thank you for asking this is 39 years for us . Selfish I know but I would be lost with out her.
We've been married 25yrs. I do understand how you feel. I feel the same way about my wife.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Great news! - I think any decent man would be lost without his wife.

Thanks for the photos too. If you took those, you should see about getting a job as a photographer for National Geographic. Those are really good shots.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Thank you for posting these. Very interesting. Also glad to hear things going well for you & your wife.

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Top, those pics are fantastic, and I am looking forward to more! It must have been spine-chilling to be so close to so much history.

More importantly, I am glad your wife is doing well. I understand you would be lost without her, and it is only fair she get to enjoy your company, after dealing with your service for those many years.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
And when Abraham left UR he settled in Haran with his family.....

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reactions: jimb1972

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A few of these were taken By DOC Maldanoda our senior Medic. I lost track of Doc if any knows where he is tell him to check in .
If we look like a bunch of tourist, great we were suppose to these pictures were posted so families could view them.
I have reduced these so they only take up 22-70kb each.
Some of them are what is below ground.

Sky Atmosphere Afterglow Natural landscape Orange Sky Atmosphere Ecoregion Dusk Biome Camouflage Military camouflage Squad Cargo pants Military uniform Building Wall Brick Composite material Brickwork Formation Archaeological site Geology Cave History

Reactions: inceptor and Denton

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
The "real" story begins before Abram as Ur was once the capital of the first civilization on earth. That civilization was called Sumer and existed, according to their WRITTEN records, before the 4th century BCE. Most of the history of Genesis comes by way of Sumer. The people of Sumer invented the wheel, dams, regulated canals, libraries, schools, the first rule of law and the first recorded history of religion. Their written language, called Cuneiform, was used for centuries throughout the Middle East and into Western Asia. The Rosetta Stone was the key to deciphering Cuneiform because it was a conversion from Cuneiform to two other more modern languages. The Ziggerats were the temples where people worshiped surrounded by land that produced food for the temple population and was shared with the population in times of famine. The language was used by the Babylonians after they conquered Sumer and by the Assyrians that conquered Babylon. The story of Lucifer comes from the Assyrian punishment of the Babylonian ruler who held the title of "bringer of light" at the request of the Jewish who had been enslaved by him. He was staked to the ground just outside the city at their garbage pit where they burned refuse and waste to keep the city clean. Then his family and friends were killed and thrown into the burning pit while he was forced to watch. After that he was left staked to the ground to die so he could rule the burning pit of refuse forever. The king of Babylon's name was Nebuchadnezzar. In the Bible only his title is used... Lucifer (which is from the Greek translation of "light bringer" which is also used to describe Christ in Revelation.

Just a bit of information from my classes on religious history of the world.

Rev. Paul BS,MS,MA and PhD.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Maybe a thread on the pictures from Babylon. Of course no one knows for sure if the City in Iraq named Babylon has anything to do with the real Babylon.
But they sure did the place up nice.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Haran was and still is in southern Turkey...
We had a very young and new Chaplin with us. It hit him like a brick wall when he realized where we were.
Not many attend services ,it was seen even then as a bad career move by some. Those that did go a lot of information on the subject from him.
I would like to go back again someday without a rifle and see some more . Unlikely to happen.
When you walk in the palace
Font Transparency Paper Event Circle Handwriting Wood Font Writing Commemorative plaque

1 - 20 of 25 Posts