Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

The 5 basic prepping essentials

6K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  8675309 
#1 ·
THE 5 BASIC ITEMS
This advice is aimed at noobs who often ask how to start prepping.
No sweat,the 5 ultra-basic items below will enable you to sit tight at home for a few weeks, riding out whatever emergency is going on in the big bad world outside such as food shortages, no running water, no electricity etc.
Hopefully the items will tide you over long enough until the zombs have eaten each other and the government can get the power and water back on, and organise food relief convoys into the cities.
The radio of course is essential for monitoring news broadcasts so you know what's going on out there-

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes and starting from those 5 building blocks people can have great fun adding new things and customising to suit their own preferences.
For example a second radio and torch as backups would be good insurance, they could be clockwork or solar-powered jobs to eliminate the need for batteries.
And the addition of a small camping stove would mean you wouldn't have to eat cold food all the time and could take the sting out of a total catacysmic doomsday apocalypse by making yourself a nice cup of tea..:)

This post has been deleted
#20 ·
Don't get too comfy with that false sense of security my friend. I bet the zombs know where to get a gun. ;)
Well let them try. I sure the heck bet my life and others around me the same on our skills. Still here.
We did not just start the security plan around here it has been an on going process for years.

Molon labe

#5 ·
We heat and cook with propane, when that runs out,the 100 or so dead oaks on the homestead will burn fine, when that runs out there's the 1000+ acres of Manistee National Forest.
We drink from our own 4' submersible well pump

Water at the lake for boiling, artesian well down the road by the Muskegon River

Lots of fish for food, few deer near. The farms have bunches, but the farmers are mean with guns.500-1000 yard guns at that.

#12 ·
Our home as a 200 yard - 360' - flat no cover open area around it. Someone is going to
have to have a hell of an arm to get a molotov through a window before they get cut down; I mean
anything is possible but I hit rattle snakes at a 150 yards with iron sites so I think bottle toting tweaker
would have a hard time? I'd imagine a flaming arrow would have a better chance, perhaps a first one
to break through and second to enter. Maybe 3 - got dual windows.

Yeah I guess some of the stuff in the house could burn as could the door frames. However we keep
a large water tank on the interior roof, can't even see it from the flat lands, which provides us constant
water pressure. I think we'd be ok. Worst thing I can think of would be a couch or bed. Toss it into
one of the rooms and let it burn I guess?

#16 ·
I would disagree with respect.
Security 1 without it someone will take all five from you.

Reactions: Dunbar
#21 ·
shelter is #1 If you are talking about planning for an event, not if you are suddenly under attack while sitting in you living room watching TV.
the next three can be interchanged as need arises
Water. Humans need water. It is almost as important as water to a fish.
Fire.
Food.
Chances are security is covered already, no matter where you are, SHTF or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.