Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We spent Turkey Day here on the ranch with friends and family. After dinner we went outside to do some shooting. I realized how much I like to shoot. We got a few clay throwers set up and spent several hours shooting cases of 12ga ammo.. What a blast..Then we got out the rifles and were doing some long range stuff with Tannerite. I picked up a another Remington 700 aac-sd a little while ago and have been putting it together for my fiance. She doesn't know it yet. It has a 20 in bull barrel with a 1 in 10 twist so it's a fast shooter. I put a Nikon M-308 on it. I have never been one for BDC reticles but Nikon has the spot on program where you can put in the type of ammo, bullet weight and stuff and it will tell you exactly where to hold on the reticles.. Well, I types in the Hornady loads I had and figured I would give it a shot. I bore sighted it and the first round hit 4 inches low at 100yds. I adjusted and brought it up. The next was .5 in low. I adjusted again Dead center. The next 2 rounds went into the same hole. I backed it up to 200 and it was .75 in group and at 300 it shot about 1.25 in for 4 rounds the 5th brought it out to 2.5 but that was all my fault.. I have to say, this is the second 700 aa-sd we own and I love them.

After that we were just shooting steel and tannerite so wasn't going for groups. I did have it out to 500 yds though without a problemm. As for the Nikon with BDC.. So far, I'm happy with it. All in all it was a great day shooting!! After about 150-200 rds of 12 ga. I am feeling it today.. I used my Berretta 391,Mossy 500 and my H&R single 12 and I have to say, I still prefer my old single!!! It just reminds me of old times and it is fun to use.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.