Administrator
15,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: KUSA and Kauboy

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,680 Posts
I found it comical that the legislation explicitly exempted actual "weapons of war".
M–1 Carbines
M–1 Garand
SKS type rifles

This legislation, even if it dies, may push me toward ensuring I have some of those "antiques", as Jerry "The Penguin" Nadler called them, in my collection.
I'll never give up my ARs, and I'm always looking for a modernized AK, but it couldn't hurt to have a few throwbacks in the mix to show the ATF when they come sniffin'.
"No sir, I only have these battle rifles here that can put a hole through three men standing in a row. None of those scary black guns around here. Those all wandered off."

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
I found it comical that the legislation explicitly exempted actual "weapons of war".
M–1 Carbines
M–1 Garand
SKS type rifles

Like... what? You expect lawmakers to actually understand that which they're trying to legislate?

·
Super Moderator
10,680 Posts
Like... what? You expect lawmakers to actually understand that which they're trying to legislate?

I watched that, and also caught Massie do it again live during the 1 hour floor debate time before the vote. I watched Jared's (Guns & Gadgets) live stream most of the day.
Despite plainly articulated facts that blow away their premise entirely, they still stick to the lie.
It proves their intentions regardless of their claims.

Ban them first.
Wait for the next attack.
Demand they be turned in.
Confiscate.

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
Ban them first.
Wait for the next attack.
Demand they be turned in.
Confiscate.
Then repeat ad infitum when shotties, pistols, bolts, levers etc get used. Won't be too long before butter knives need serialized and 4473s.

·
Super Moderator
10,680 Posts
I would encourage people to read the "Summary" tab on the page @rice paddy daddy linked.
Two things struck me that I was unaware of based on my reading of the bill's text.
  1. A licensed gun dealer must conduct a background check prior to the sale or transfer of a grandfathered SAW (semiautomatic assault weapon) between private parties.
  2. The bill permits continued possession of, but prohibits sale or transfer of, a grandfathered LCAFD (large capacity ammunition feeding device).
So they are apparently trying to institute a universal background check for all salty bois, even between private parties, even in states that don't have such laws. In Texas, for example, I can sell any non-NFA firearm to anyone without a background check taking place or involving an FFL at all.

They're also trying to make it impossible to sell, give away for free, or even pass down via inheritance, any magazine with a capacity larger than 15 rounds.
That's insane.
I might consider moving all my stuff into my gun trust if this has any real chance of passing. Then it's never "transferred" to anyone who's part of the trust, just to the trust itself before enactment of this stupid law.

·
Administrator
15,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm glad all the loaded magazines I have In USGI bandoliers for my M1 Carbines are all 15 rounders.
They feed better than the 30's anyway.

Reactions: Camel923

·
Registered
6,463 Posts
How will they know which mag went where?? No serial numbers to trace. Unless your stupid enough to admit to having them.

·
Registered
12,501 Posts
It is the camels nose under the tent legislation. Succeed and the Granada, sks and m-1 carbines will not be safe for long.

·
Super Moderator
10,680 Posts
How will they know which mag went where?? No serial numbers to trace. Unless your stupid enough to admit to having them.
The bill designates that all future mags with a capacity higher that 15 will be stamped with a date of manufacture. If you have one without this, you could be asked about how you acquired it to see if it was illegally transferred.
Without a warrant, they can pound sand, but the underlying problem remains that you will no longer legally be able to pass them down or sell them with the gun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts