Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
We are already seeing several states pushing back against an out of control and corrupt federal government. Arbitrary EO's directly attacking states rights and individual freedom has already begun with many more on the table. If I had to guess we are in the year 1859 or 60.

IMHO. I don't think succession will go anywhere in the foreseeable future. I Also don't think forming a 3rd party will work, it will just fracture the republican vote.

I think the solution should be based on holding the congressman and senators accountable for what they do. How do we do that ? Every 2 years the ballots would ask if the the incumbent should remain in office, if the answer is NO , then that would automatically kick off an election for that office in the following year and the incumbent would NOT be allowed to be on the ballot. YOUR FIRED !
2020 showed us what good ballots do.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
IMHO. I don't think succession will go anywhere in the foreseeable future. I Also don't think forming a 3rd party will work, it will just fracture the republican vote.

I think the solution should be based on holding the congressman and senators accountable for what they do. How do we do that ? Every 2 years the ballots would ask if the the incumbent should remain in office, if the answer is NO , then that would automatically kick off an election for that office in the following year and the incumbent would NOT be allowed to be on the ballot. YOUR FIRED !
The purpose for putting this proposal forward is to discuss the possibility. Even if it passes the referendum will be put on the November ballot. It's only to find out if enough people are open to the idea.

As to holding politicians accountable, good luck with that. This last election they were quite open and bold about letting us know THEY count the votes. THEY will install the people THEY intend to be in office.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
I'm in.
Tired of watching them try to turn us into European lemmings.
Maybe we can get Trump to run our fledgling country! :)

So, republic or true democracy?
True democracy is nothing more than mob rule. 50.1% makes all the rules.

Think of democracy as 2 wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner. A republic is where the sheep owns a gun.

I'm in.
Tired of watching them try to turn us into European lemmings.
Maybe we can get Trump to run our fledgling country! :)

So, republic or true democracy?
Oh my friend... my friend...
Texas chose to be a REPUBLIC for a damned good reason. If we leave, we will do so again.
A democracy doesn't need a constitution. A democracy doesn't rely on human rights. A democracy folds and flips with the whims of the simple majority. A democracy does not believe in liberty. A democracy is hell.

What I've read is that many western states like Idaho are watching closely what happens in Texas and if Texas does go, they will soon follow.

It's been less than a week since he was sworn in and already rights are being threatened and thousands of jobs lost. Texas main economic source of income is oil. He intends to shut that down. He has also stated that all states should be like california. REALLY??? The liberals love this.

https://news.yahoo.com/america-california-again-thats-bidens-110050453.html

Avril Haines is after domestic terrorists. One main definition of domestic terrorists is Trump supporters. That's roughly 75 million people that last I heard. We have a setup for Balkanization if any state wants to survive.
Highly astute observations on that. Thanks. I dont think it even needs to be formal secssion..just start exerting more State control and ignore what the Feds say. CA has been getting by with it for decades. Abbott has sworn the law will be enforced in Texas and it is currently except in the big Democrat cities..such as Foat Wurth TX. If they have cops here I dont know where they are located. when the hot rodders blast through my school crossing. Guess they are hiding from BLM or Antifa..or maybe from their own boss man. Who knows?

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Highly astute observations on that. Thanks. I dont think it even needs to be formal secssion..just start exerting more State control and ignore what the Feds say. CA has been getting by with it for decades. Abbott has sworn the law will be enforced in Texas and it is currently except in the big Democrat cities..such as Foat Wurth TX. If they have cops here I dont know where they are located. when the hot rodders blast through my school crossing. Guess they are hiding from BLM or Antifa..or maybe from their own boss man. Who knows?
It's my understanding that the bill that will be presented is nothing more than allowing the people to decide IF they would even consider the idea, not to secede now.

Texas still has the right to split into 5 different states. That should please the liberals since the major cities would have the biggest voting population. And they would far out vote the burbs and the rural areas.

I had always considered Fort Worth to be a conservative town until recently. Your mayor has gone full blown liberal. Either she was a liberal from the beginning or someone has her by the short hairs.

Also known as “case law”
Judicial Dictatorships aint nice.

Not everything has to be in the Constitution. Ever heard of 'court rulings'?
Yes. That came about mid-way last century. It undermined constitutional law.

Secession. Is it legal? Oh, I don't know. Was the Declaration of Independence a legal document or an illegal one?

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

Any state or part of a state or region of the nation has the right to separate from the union. A nation has a people who are connected by a common culture. If there is an irreversible rift, it would seem that secession is not only legal but required.

I am against Texas going it alone, though. I think Texas, along with other like-minded states, should leave at the same time and make their own notion. They should take all the founding documents with them. They should take the military and all special weapons with them.
To be more clear, the ignorantly blue states should be cut loose and D.C. should be taken back. At the same time and for the protection of the continent, military action should be taken if China or any other nation should step in to assist the Communist states.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
To be more clear, the ignorantly blue states should be cut loose and D.C. should be taken back. At the same time and for the protection of the continent, military action should be taken if China or any other nation should step in to assist the Communist states.
We should start a movement to make San Francisco the governing base for the left. Hopefully they hang out there more often and build someplace to meet and vote. They already have the Western States Alliance, they should build on that.

I read a lot of history and lately it's been about countries who have failed. Very slow process in ones lifetime overall with things happening much more quickly at the end. We are witnessing the same things here but since we have states that are not going along with the Marxist takeover I can see it coming down to rebellion and balkanization.
They are already working on taking tax dollars and giving it to their preferred blue states while strangling the red ones, the same ones that voters and businesses are fleeing too! The authoritarians forcing a Wuhan flu vaccine then demanding a passport isn't sitting well with anyone and those numbers show strongly in the black and mexican population btw. Zombifying the masses with free money has been tried in history too and it happens closer to the end - imagine that.

The real question isn't if but when and will we see rebellion or balkanization first? Texas, Idaho, Florida, who moves to leave first?

Discussion starter · #34 ·
The real question isn't if but when and will we see rebellion or balkanization first? Texas, Idaho, Florida, who moves to leave first?
I've figured balkanization for a long time. Too many states want to do things differently. Look at the left coast and their Western States Coalition. Add to that the fact that many blacks want their own autonomous state. It's coming. Maybe rebellion first but I'm not sure. Either way, it will be because the feds pushed people past their limit.

13 states saw this coming and during barry's term began to take steps in case this happened. It made the news in that these states were working on being able to create their own currency. I know that Texas now has it's own gold depository where they used to store the gold in the fed building in NY as did many other states and countries. A number of countries were pissed back about 2008 I think because they wanted their gold back and couldn't get it. I know Texas had the same issue and Rick Perry was pushing hard to get Texas' gold back. I honestly don't know if he succeed or not. There was no reporting on the final outcome.

TNM has been pushing Texas to secede for years. Most don't want to hear it. This is the first year they have people in the legislature doing more than paying lip service. Still, I don't see it happening here until we've surpassed that limit. Word has it that other states are watching Texas closely and will follow their lead.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.