Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Texit???

4K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  inceptor 
#1 ·
This issue has been brought up before and flatly denied. Now a representative from Fredericksburg is bringing it up again. This time it may have some teeth to it with all that's transpired. Texas is oil country and jo wants to eliminate that. The referendum is just to put it to the people and to look at the possibility.

The link below is from KVUE. They state that secession is illegal. Sorry but there is no where in the Constitution does it say that. A Chief Justice gave his opinion in a lawsuit TX vs White but Chief Justice Chase had a financial interest in the outcome.

And for those of you who don't know, Austin is a very liberal city.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/p...ence/269-80998141-9a87-4d36-bafb-b130879f1711

#2 ·
.......They state that secession is illegal. Sorry but there is no where in the Constitution does it say that. ..........
Not everything has to be in the Constitution. Ever heard of 'court rulings'?

#4 ·
Kinda like the way obummer ruled, by phone and by pen? His cronies are doing that now. They say they learned a lot from the mistakes that were made back then. So they are back and on steroids.

And you're probably right, it doesn't matter what's in the Constitution if a judge disagrees with it. Or even an executive order can override it.

Sort of like the line in Hotel California' You can check out any time you like but you can never leave. Got it.

#9 ·
IMO a few meaningless states need to start the exodus (wyoming, Idaho, SD) then let the left say good riddance...... That opens the door for Texas to

View attachment 111095
What I've read is that many western states like Idaho are watching closely what happens in Texas and if Texas does go, they will soon follow.

It's been less than a week since he was sworn in and already rights are being threatened and thousands of jobs lost. Texas main economic source of income is oil. He intends to shut that down. He has also stated that all states should be like california. REALLY??? The liberals love this.

California is emerging as the de facto policy think tank of the Biden-Harris administration and of a Congress soon to be under Democratic control. That's rekindling past cliches about the state - incubator of innovation, premier laboratory of democracy, land of big ideas
https://news.yahoo.com/america-california-again-thats-bidens-110050453.html

Avril Haines is after domestic terrorists. One main definition of domestic terrorists is Trump supporters. That's roughly 75 million people that last I heard. We have a setup for Balkanization if any state wants to survive.

#8 ·
One of the most common rumors is Texas had to sign some kind of irrevocable pledge to not secede again to be allowed back into the union after the War of Northern Aggression. As far as Brexit...color me on board. Anytime Governor Abbott says muster up..we bees ready..and from chit chat on the net over the years..a bunch of Red states would go too. The big democrat cities are a problem child. Declare them open cities and build a wall around em. Dallas..Houston..Austin..to start with.

#10 ·
One of the most common rumors is Texas had to sign some kind of irrevocable pledge to not secede again to be allowed back into the union after the War of Northern Aggression..........
The Union never considered any state to have seceded to begin with.

#16 ·
Texas was independent before. Perhaps it makes sense to be so again. The US is too populated for the type of constitutional republic it is supposed to be. Splitting into 10 nations makes sense from a Liberty perspective.

#17 ·
When the Declaration of Independence was signed, the signatories knew they were putting their own names to their own death warrants.
It was sedition, no two ways about it. (from the King's perspective)

When the southern states voted in their respective chambers to leave the union, they too knew the repercussions they could expect to face, and did. (the union considered it sedition)

When states enter into a contract with each other under a union, they bind themselves to that contract.
If, however, the contract is violated, it becomes null and void.

I submit to you:
U.S. Constitution
Article IV
Section 4
The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.
  1. Insurmountable evidence shows that our presidential election was not conducted in a republican(representative government following the law as written) fashion, with hundreds of thousands of erroneous ballots from fictional people being included in the total.
  2. We (Texas) is being invaded by foreign entities on a regular basis, "caravans" of which are highly publicized and often staged by "news" propogandists.
  3. Our cities are under constant attack from violent rioters who belong to an organization that is now rightly assigned the category of "domestic terrorists".

In this Texan's humble opinion, the contract has been violated.

#20 ·
IMHO. I don't think succession will go anywhere in the foreseeable future. I Also don't think forming a 3rd party will work, it will just fracture the republican vote.

I think the solution should be based on holding the congressman and senators accountable for what they do. How do we do that ? Every 2 years the ballots would ask if the the incumbent should remain in office, if the answer is NO , then that would automatically kick off an election for that office in the following year and the incumbent would NOT be allowed to be on the ballot. YOUR FIRED !

#22 ·
IMHO. I don't think succession will go anywhere in the foreseeable future. I Also don't think forming a 3rd party will work, it will just fracture the republican vote.

I think the solution should be based on holding the congressman and senators accountable for what they do. How do we do that ? Every 2 years the ballots would ask if the the incumbent should remain in office, if the answer is NO , then that would automatically kick off an election for that office in the following year and the incumbent would NOT be allowed to be on the ballot. YOUR FIRED !
2020 showed us what good ballots do.

#21 ·
We are already seeing several states pushing back against an out of control and corrupt federal government. Arbitrary EO's directly attacking states rights and individual freedom has already begun with many more on the table. If I had to guess we are in the year 1859 or 60.

#33 ·
I read a lot of history and lately it's been about countries who have failed. Very slow process in ones lifetime overall with things happening much more quickly at the end. We are witnessing the same things here but since we have states that are not going along with the Marxist takeover I can see it coming down to rebellion and balkanization.
They are already working on taking tax dollars and giving it to their preferred blue states while strangling the red ones, the same ones that voters and businesses are fleeing too! The authoritarians forcing a Wuhan flu vaccine then demanding a passport isn't sitting well with anyone and those numbers show strongly in the black and mexican population btw. Zombifying the masses with free money has been tried in history too and it happens closer to the end - imagine that.

The real question isn't if but when and will we see rebellion or balkanization first? Texas, Idaho, Florida, who moves to leave first?

#34 ·
The real question isn't if but when and will we see rebellion or balkanization first? Texas, Idaho, Florida, who moves to leave first?
I've figured balkanization for a long time. Too many states want to do things differently. Look at the left coast and their Western States Coalition. Add to that the fact that many blacks want their own autonomous state. It's coming. Maybe rebellion first but I'm not sure. Either way, it will be because the feds pushed people past their limit.

13 states saw this coming and during barry's term began to take steps in case this happened. It made the news in that these states were working on being able to create their own currency. I know that Texas now has it's own gold depository where they used to store the gold in the fed building in NY as did many other states and countries. A number of countries were pissed back about 2008 I think because they wanted their gold back and couldn't get it. I know Texas had the same issue and Rick Perry was pushing hard to get Texas' gold back. I honestly don't know if he succeed or not. There was no reporting on the final outcome.

TNM has been pushing Texas to secede for years. Most don't want to hear it. This is the first year they have people in the legislature doing more than paying lip service. Still, I don't see it happening here until we've surpassed that limit. Word has it that other states are watching Texas closely and will follow their lead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.