Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Registered
Food and medicines
424 Posts
Maybe the opposite would be true. Companies might flock to the new Texas Republic because it was a better place to run their business.
Texas become the new london? All the stores and horrors of the world...none of them owned by Americans....

· Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
11,549 Posts
Is it a good idea or not?

To answer this question, we must take a huge step back and see what the lay of the land is from a purely objective point of view.
I'm a Texan, so that's admittedly hard to do. We're notorious for being quite proud of our state and bragging about it at every opportunity. Sometimes because it's true, but mostly because it irritates the lesser states. :p

For Texas to leave the union, the prospect would have to be less risky and more rewarding than staying. What would that actually look like?
Presently, Texas enjoys federal funding at multiple levels. This shifts what would be a large burden for Texans onto a much larger nation to share. Insofar as the federal government is explicitly enumerated such powers, this is fine. I personally feel we've gone way beyond that limitation, but that's a different discussion. If Texas left the union, that burden would return to the shoulders of Texans. This would likely come with a massive overhaul of what is and is not actually needed, and a painstaking discussion would have to be had to cut funding to things we simply can't afford on our own. In the long run, this would be a good thing in my estimation. Getting there would be quite painful.
So, sharing the financial burden with an entire nation is a benefit to staying. Leaving would be tremendously painful in this regard.

We also currently enjoy guaranteed protection from foreign invasion from the most powerful military on the planet.(it's debatable whether they're protecting from such at the moment, but again, a discussion for a different time) If we left, that blanket of protection goes away, and must then be negotiated, and we must rely on our own Guard to fill the gap until a proper army is established. Our Guard is considerable, but the transition phase would be a prime time for an invasion from multiple perspectives, and we'd likely be overwhelmed within a year while trying to ramp up defenses. This could be quelled with time, but it's a guarantee that some damage would be done, and likely some lives and land lost.

Being a part of the U.S., we're automatically included in all trade agreements that the country has with other nations. If Texas left, all of those would have to be individually negotiated, as well as a new trade agreement penned with the U.S. This could take a considerable amount of time to work through. Likely years.

Conversely, if Texas left the union, it would be able to establish its own federal constitution, establish a new set of judges, enforce laws as it sees fit without external influence, set up a new tax code, ignore the whims of various international bodies at will, and lay out its own course for the future. The magnitude of such a shift would be almost unthinkable, but such change is completely plausible. It could go really well, or horribly bad, depending on who plays a part and what an observer's perspective is on the matters being decided.

What would it take to force a secession?
I'm not really one to rely on pure democracy to settle such things, as the masses have been shown to be easily fooled and unreliable throughout history; especially recently so.
Some subjective markers would need to be established that would reveal how Texas is being unfairly burdened with bad laws, bad taxes, and bad protections.
Is the state bearing an unfair tax burden? Is the state suffering from a lack of enforced federal protection laws? Is the state being forced to adhere to federal laws it wholly considers unjust or unconstitutional?
Nailing these markers down would take a lot of debate between men smarter than me. Even more so taking on the task of hammering out the details of how we move forward after...
I'm still staggered by the simplicity and wisdom of our nation's founding documents, and the men that gathered to finalize them.
Do we still have such folks who can be trusted with that responsibility? The answer to that question might be my biggest reason for NOT wanting to secede. My confidence in humanity has wavered greatly in the last 20 years.
Things could be made so much worse in such a short time if the wrong people are given the wrong power.

At this time, I do NOT support secession. My knee-jerk reaction during the Obama administration was "hell yes, let's ditch this wreck".
Seeing what I've seen since then has made me more wise, and more pessimistic, with age.
And I'm not that old... :confused:

· Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
The chances for secession for any area or state is, pretty much, slim to none. People hate change. Pure, plain and simple. Look at the garbage society has allowed to get piled up on itself for the last few decades.

In 2019, according to Business Insider, we have the 10th largest economy in the world. Texas would struggle, as any new state/nation would but, I think we would be ok.

Still, I wouldn't look for any real movement on any front until things get so bad there's no other choice.

· Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
11,549 Posts
Something unknown to me until I stumbled upon it during unrelated reading...
Texas has sufficient geothermal energy available to get off of fossil fuel based electricity completely by 2050, if so inclined.

· Registered
Food and medicines
424 Posts
The chances for secession for any area or state is, pretty much, slim to none. People hate change. Pure, plain and simple. Look at the garbage society has allowed to get piled up on itself for the last few decades.

In 2019, according to Business Insider, we have the 10th largest economy in the world. Texas would struggle, as any new state/nation would but, I think we would be ok.

Still, I wouldn't look for any real movement on any front until things get so bad there's no other choice.
That's exactly what everybody thinks - that it will get bad enough.

Thing is....of the 40+ million? In Texas, what % is worth anything at all, but sucking welfare and doing crime? Add all the california people to that. In a secession, welfare would almost for sure crap out first, unless (removed) is going to pay it and I don't really see that. (removed) will pay (removed) to move to texas and texas has more excessive benefits than "1.25 million" new mexico next door, but nobodys paying them to do crime and only getting paid by them through private prisons. The ones that sell groceries and whatever off the trucks will still be going, but without that glorious all consuming welfare, texas would have a war and an exodus in the same first week.

What makes me wonder is, our highway to hell paso is rigged to be blown into a moat and I think it is because we cant handle 5 times our population driving in from next door "Hola!" like the happy disaster total tard locusts they are.

· Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Texas has sufficient geothermal energy available to get off of fossil fuel based electricity
There's a road through the desert near my house called Geothermal Rd. There's a station at the end of the road that used to provide geothermal heat for the NMSU campus. They don't use it anymore but there's talk that they might put a geothermal power plant out there someday.

It's all owned by NMSU, with all the free 'green new deal' money coming out Washington I'm surprised the university hasn't jumped on it.

· Registered
Food and medicines
424 Posts
There's a road through the desert near my house called Geothermal Rd. There's a station at the end of the road that used to provide geothermal heat for the NMSU campus. They don't use it anymore but there's talk that they might put a geothermal power plant out there someday.

It's all owned by NMSU, with all the free 'green new deal' money coming out Washington I'm surprised the university hasn't jumped on it.
It does make you wonder.
I wonder how much of such larger ticket decisions are based on womans of the governors office or bezo's billionaire ex woman that I think owns most of them?
The greentards shuttering green for grift wouldn't make them any different than republicans or surprise me and the money trails wouldn't either.

Somebody with a few thousand to waste could mess with them by getting a bunch of students on a "cause" to use only the geo (ha ha!) and watch the scrambling

· Registered
433 Posts
Does anyone think Texas would be by itself? If Texas started down that road for real. I suspect Oklahoma and Louisiana would be right alongside of them. Maybe, Missouri and Arkansas.

· Registered
Food and medicines
424 Posts
Does anyone think Texas would be by itself? If Texas started down that road for real. I suspect Oklahoma and Louisiana would be right alongside of them. Maybe, Missouri and Arkansas.
Only because they would try to be independent by group strength. But the citizens of Missouri and top-un-state arkansas are awfully dumb to elements in their gobt - like that snake macaskil who only got dumped because they woke up enough to figure out she was voting against them the whole time.
I think if it gets bad enough they will have to purge their govt first. Sarah Sanders is the-best-hope arkansas has had in years and i would do anything to remove NASTY obstacles from that path. I mean 200 obstacles if it takes it...but we will see?
I don't think any of them have the money to do it? Texas has a lot of money and their billion dollar gold reserve as well as a border.

· Registered
Food and medicines
424 Posts
Add Florida to that mix, Then Alabama,,,, The South shall rise again !!
Whats crippling that is the welfare. If it falls and the south starts producing again, then there is something to rise on.
All the vulture politicians who's necro money comes from grifting welfare and running prisons are in the way too and those prisons are easy money, so law is corrupt and people are meat.
I want to see it....but its on the other side of a huge bloodbath
(That's ok, but people have yet to show the balls for it. My tard people are more concerned about faking equal for diversity and cowering to corruption, than standing at all. It has to get to where stupid people realize it was all just to putz and make social and economic beggars of them and they can no longer survive by being great liars and beggars....before they stop using begging as an easy way)

I pray they have it in em

· Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

· Super Moderator
10,284 Posts

· Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I don't think it has a snowballs chance in hell, I wouldn't want it to happen even it could. But I like the black mark it's leaving on the biden administration. I want the "great unifier" to go down in history as the president that almost split the Union up.

· Registered
Food and medicines
424 Posts
I don't think it has a snowballs chance in hell, I wouldn't want it to happen even it could. But I like the black mark it's leaving on the biden administration. I want the "great unifier" to go down in history as the president that almost split the Union up.
Don't underestimate? These things get going a step at a time and it even floating means it will get altered and floated again down the line and they may just hit a bingo?
We will see?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts