Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good Evening Forum Members,

Old school retired guy checking in, I have lurked a few times thought I would just sign up. I admit not being a prepper at least not at a level your members are but times are changing so who knows. I am interested in the process.
Main interest is firearms and shooting hoping to contribute when I can.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
Howdy from Houston.

Reactions: 2Sharp2

·
Administrator
14,699 Posts
If you like steam trains and dogs, you're OK.
I'm an old retired guy, too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you like steam trains and dogs, you're OK.
I'm an old retired guy, too.
My Granddad on Mother's side worked on the railroad back in the day, I love trains. Dogs? YES. For those that may not know the hound I posted above is Smokey X, Tennessee Vols mascot.
I have a 6 year old Basset Hound named Kracker because he was born on the 4th of July 2014. He loves the grandson.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Welcome to the shootout friend.

·
Administrator
14,699 Posts
My grandfather was a conductor on the Boston & Maine RR at the turn of the century.
The Twentieth Century, like 1900.
I inherited his gold pocket watch.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Has anyone told you what we do with new guys around here? :plain:

We welcome them, that is what we do! Welcome from deep inside the hidden bunker!! :vs_wave:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Welcome from up the road a piece. We usually get down there a couple of times a year.

·
Administrator
14,699 Posts
Hearty welcome from the other T State called Texas. All my Grandpas kin go deported from up there in the early 1800s. We still have roots. lol.
That was a good album.
I remember when it came out, back in the 70's.

·
Administrator
14,699 Posts
Whew, for a second I didn't know whether to "whistle Dixie" or "draw my smokewagon?" Shout out from the bunker...Thank you.
I think you'll fit in just fine here at the old homestead.

I've been thru Tennessee many times over the years.
The 2014 reunion of the 5th Infantry Division was in Nashville, and one of the recreational events was a group night at the Grand Old Opry. Fantastic!!!
I got to see my all time favorite REAL country singers - Marty Stuart and his wife Connie Smith.

·
8,979 Posts
Welcome to the group from southern AZ. You may not be a prepper now, but you will. Everyone has to start some where!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think you'll fit in just fine here at the old homestead.

I've been thru Tennessee many times over the years.
The 2014 reunion of the 5th Infantry Division was in Nashville, and one of the recreational events was a group night at the Grand Old Opry. Fantastic!!!
I got to see my all time favorite REAL country singers - Marty Stuart and his wife Connie Smith.
Thank You RPD! I'm actually down the road from Music City in what the chamber of commerce calls "The Scenic City" or Choo-Choo town! If you've every driven South to Florida you probably came thru my city. Home to a lot of Civil War history, Lookout Mountain, Rock City, Ruby Falls, Incline Railway, Turnbull Bakery (if you ever had a Ice Cream Cone it was probably baked here. Home of Little Debbie Snack Cakes.
Choo-Choo Depot, Incline from 1960.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts