Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty lost when it comes to prepping, so I was wondering if yall could point me in the right direction. Since I'm a freshman in high school I don't have much money besides what I make from odd jobs or get for birthdays/Christmas, and my parents pretty much call me insane when I try to talk to them about prepping. What I do have is a pretty solid self defense background (One year of Brazilian jujitsu and i'm a varsity wrestler) I also have about four acres of wooded land surrounding my house with another house directly to the right, A huge assortment of tools, and about twenty, four by six sheets of plywood. Right now I have one hundred dollars to get my survival kit started, any suggestions?

·
Registered
100 Posts
bug in or bug out bag with the basic medical and survival needs....expand from there with more equipment, supplies, food and so forth...dollar stores are a great place to get stuff.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What region or state are you in? How big is your family? Are they prepared or are you doing this alone? Does you family financially make it on what they make alone or are like many and live paycheck to paycheck?

These are all important questions to consider. Starting any place is a good start usually but I'd hate to rob Peter to pay Paul.

Depending on your location, usually it's a good idea to start with power, blankets, Food & Water.

Army surplus wool blankets go pretty far on limited funds.

Rechargeable Batteries and Non rechargeables with a quality Charging dock. (Not the ones sold on end caps of HD and Lowes but the kind that can test and reset batteries.)

Food sounds easy but it's can get a bit complicated. I'd start with MRE's and buy them when you can.

Water. You'll need a container to store it. You'll need a way to filter and purify it. I don't suggest you as a minor store Bleach. ...parents could get the wrong idea unless they are 100% involved in what you're doing.

Someone already said an EDC but I will break it down a bit more basic. You'll need rugged and comfortable work boots, durable clothing, a pocket knife, hat & gloves,

Fire starting devices, learn and practice how to start camp fires. Please have adult supervision and do it in the right areas.

First Aid kit and KNOW HOW to administer First Aid to include CPR.

At your age I would keep an extra $50-100 stashed away just in case.

You can never go wrong with a bit of Duct Tape wrapped around a credit card in your wallet.

Transportation is a good thing to have figured out as well. A car is nice but a bike just needs you for power.

·
Registered
9 Posts
there is alot of budget prep vids on you tube but i would definantly get a filter water straw they are bout 10 at wal mart and they filter like 200 gal of water so that would be good MRE's are good a cheep plastic sheet and some twine if ya need a shelter a emergency blanket or a military wool one, a knife and a striker stick for fire and a pack to hold all of it. for free around your house you could get dryer lint great fire starter, empty bottles to store plenty of water i would boil the water first and clean the containers then fill and store in a cool place. and watch survival vids on the net you might not always have the phyisical or material preps but you can have the mental preps witch can help you obtain the material preps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.