Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the Kitsap area and am going to be going camping as much as possible to get my family used to living off what we have and can catch/ gather. If anyone is intrested in perhaps setting up an informal gathering to share ideas and help others please let me know. I am fairly new to the area and am looking for a good place to go as well. It can be a weekend trip or even a week trip depending on schedules.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in Kitsap County, too. I don't have any suggestions about where to go and practice, but I do think it's a great idea. Basically I just wanted to say hi - it was pretty wild to see someone from Kitsap on here on the first few minutes I joined the forum! :)

Lisa

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
welcome!

I appologize about taking a while to get back to you, but I went camping with my family down at TAHUYA STATE FOREST. It was our first campin trip as only our family; we have both gone camping with our families before, so it was an eye opener.

Back to the biz, we are going to be checkig out more state parks and forests and will be updating our gear list. If you would like I am going to post on the PREP OF THE DAY about our experience so check it out. I have lots of experience via the military living off the land and some experience hunting (hunting in california) Feel free to hit me up, I am new to prepping but am going to be building up certain things slowly.

Again welcome and hope your prepps go well

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
a Great video for reference, this was done on the CBC way back before survivalism was mainstream. It's called "survival in the bush" and it is a real eye opener. This guy uses skillsets so refined and simple you just want to smack yourself.

http://www.nfb.ca/film/survival_in_the_bush

·
Registered
192 Posts
Dont know how far you want to go but there is state land, not a park, in the Coweemen area and in lewis county that you can dry camp on. There is also Packwood which is natl forest i think

1 - 7 of 7 Posts