Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this at a LGS and the more I thought about I had to go back and pick it up. As a bug out gun it makes more sense to me than anything I've seen. Nice and short, easily packed away in a back pack with plenty of ammo for just about any situation I can think of. Sure, it's not the best at any one thing but for an all around weapon.

Being an Encore it's already one of the strongest actions available. Came with a 308 Win barrel which should easily deal with anything on foot, paw or hoof out to 100 yards plus. I'll ditch the red dot and put the irons back on. Maybe a Leupold scope and be able to reach out a lot farther. People claim to be taking big game out to 300 yards plus with this rig.
Also has a 45 Colt/410 barrel. Don't really care about the 45 Colt but the 410 will be great for small game. Especially with my custom 410 reloads. Suppose I could load up some really hot 45 colt so I don't have to switch barrels as much.

Yes, it's a single shot but it's for defense and survival not assaulting the local garrison. Should give me enough range and fire power in case I need to move up. Thought I'd post this to give other people another option for a cheap and reliable firearm.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Versions like that in the 300 whisper have been know to shoot 300 yards.
They are fired laying on your back feet towards target knees up weapon is braced against the leg

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Sorry for being blunt.... Ok I'm not

I can't think of a worse choice for a bug out, TC's are heavy, single shot, heavy, marginally accurate, heavy and did I mention single shot?

I would rather pack a decent pistol with 50 more rounds of ammo for the same weight than a Thompson, they are a neat concept that has really never caught on as they give pistol accuracy in in a rifle platform.

I've only shot 3, but with the best care and attention to loads, I've never been able to get them under 3moa at 100 yards.

I hope you didn't pay too much.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Sorry for being blunt.... Ok I'm not

I can't think of a worse choice for a bug out, TC's are heavy, single shot, heavy, marginally accurate, heavy and did I mention single shot?

I would rather pack a decent pistol with 50 more rounds of ammo for the same weight than a Thompson, they are a neat concept that has really never caught on as they give pistol accuracy in in a rifle platform.

I've only shot 3, but with the best care and attention to loads, I've never been able to get them under 3moa at 100 yards.

I hope you didn't pay too much.
I tend to agree with you the usefulness . The other side is anything that goes bang may come in handy.
I have a pick up load of old single shot 12 and 20Ga shot guns picked up over the years .
Worthless basically but whey aint costing nothing and who knows.

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I do agree to a point because a 16" rifle barrel is so much more accurate then a 15" pistol barrel. Some people are just better shots then others.

I'll gladly but my $450 junk TC up against your favorite "decent" pistol at 100 yards. Say $100 for a three shot group. Maybe things are different in MT. One shot one kill around here.

It's not an offensive weapon it's a defensive survival gun.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
When you buy something like that there is only one reason to give for it.
Just say I wanted it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.