Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today was one of those nasty wet cold days and my fiance was around the cabin fixin a few things up and hanging out. We went out the other evening and did a little shooting with our .45's, my .308 I am gettin ready for huntin season and a 17hmr w/bull barrel I like to play with.. It started to rain so we didn't get to shoot but about 45 minutes or so.

Well, today I got a wild hair up my ass while she was in the other room. I grabbed a target(rain had stopped for a few) and went out 100 yds per my Leica 1200 rangefinder and set up the target. I came back in, took the screen out of the window and set up a little bench for shooting. I just had to see the look on her face so I put a 17hmr inthe chamber settled in and pulled the trigger.. She comes in and looks at me, then says "my turn".. So we shot for a little while while staying nice and dry.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome. puttin lead downrange from inside the house.
I have been thinkin about it for a bit just finally decided to do it today. It was fun as hell. Next time I am going to set up 300 and 500 yard target and use the .308.. We just put the barrel about 4-6 in outside and squeeze.... I will use a can with the .308 probably..Even though we are putting 4-6 in of the barrel outside..

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
I got in trouble for writing down the range to different points out my back window across the field, out to 450yds. It's easy just to look down and adjust accordingly. Don't need to find the range finder all the time for a quick shot. Guess I shouldn't have used a black sharpie on the white window frame.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got in trouble for writing down the range to different points out my back window across the field, out to 450yds. It's easy just to look down and adjust accordingly. Don't need to find the range finder all the time for a quick shot. Guess I shouldn't have used a black sharpie on the white window frame.
LOL, I have done the same thing.. I have several points ranged.. I just didn't have the spot for the target ranged and I wanted it pretty close..

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
When the boy were young we would sit in side the back pouch on a rainy day. Had targets on the old barn. House would smell of gun power ,wife would get upset with us.
Winchester 190 .22 and have so many casing on the floor we vacuumed them up

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
five shots with a 44 mag off hand open sights thats a quarter photo (16).JPG

Reactions: BigCheeseStick

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
opps wrong pic here is the right one photo (8).JPG

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
the previous post was at 25 yards this was the same gun open sights at 225 yards (S&W 629) target was rubber self healing well it didnt heal after that 180 gr HP wacked it photo (7).JPG

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
EXACTLY 50 yards to the big oak tree outside, 85 to the other side of the pond, and 110 to the road. Your not alone. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts