Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder what everones take is on this? I've been asking friends and family if they have enough stored up for anything that might leave them stranded for a week. I said a week so that I didn't come across as a freak saying a year! Their looks to me were that I was being a grandma/grandpa type person. I guess since my grandma and grandpa survived the great depression then thats why they always asked me that!

how is everyone else handling this type of talk to your families and friends?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Well my city actually had a big flood last year that knocked out our water for a few days (radio said it would be over a week) and people FREAKED there were lines for fuel and you couldn't find a bottle of water in any store withing 18 hours of the radio broadcast.

I just try and remind them of it, and what would have happened if the power AND water went out for those few days/week....they are semi-responsive when I mention that, but most people just brush it off, and that's fine by me. Don't knock on my door, unless you have useful skills!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
If they are your "friends", then they would understand your concern. In regards to your family, when you pass on from this world, they can think of your wise wise wise wisdom that you gave them to carry on. Let them give you the looks, and look at them the same way back. Just like the guy on the doomsday preppers said, "Many people don't agree with what I'm doing, so they don't have to come on my property." something like that but he was basically saying he's not hurting nobody, so let him be.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Honestly I have quit trying with all but my closest friends. People think nothing can or will happen even though the world's foremost experts and PHD holders agree- something big is very close at hand.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I spent most of my life in South Louisiana. In July, I would always stock up and be prepared for hurricane season. Most people did the same thing. If people see the need for storing a weeks worth of food and water, I cannot understand why people do not see the need to store for what will be the most devastating disasters the world has ever seen. I wish people would get their heads out of the very dark place it is in and wake up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts