Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
126 Posts
If shtf for real, I'd not believe a word that I heard on any radio, beyond maybe walkie talkie in the hands of my family members.

·
Registered
77 Posts
As twisted as the American news media has become, no wonder several people I know monitor the BBC and other foreign news outlets on shortwave radio.

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
Me, I am not too happy with microwaves.

A long time ago when in the hangar, a tech like Denton fired up a radar set he was working on.

The problem came from the fact I had my hand on the waveguide, when that magnetron kicked it.

The antenna had been detached during the installation.

The RF cooked a piece in the center of my right palm, there is a lump there to this day.

·
Registered
24,226 Posts
Me, I am not too happy with microwaves.

A long time ago when in the hangar, a tech like Denton fired up a radar set he was working on.

The problem came from the fact I had my hand on the waveguide, when that magnetron kicked it.

The antenna had been detached during the installation.

The RF cooked a piece in the center of my right palm, there is a lump there to this day.
Why was your hand there? Why did you approach the aircraft with a spark-monkey working on it?
You should've known better.

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
Why was your hand there? Why did you approach the aircraft with a spark-monkey working on it?
You should've known better.
I knew I would get a rise out of you! LOL.

I was working on the aircraft parked next to it, had no idea the guy was working on it.

I was replacing a turbocharger with bad bearings.

The fiberglass nose cap and antenna were off, I like most people lean against something as a course of nature.

He did not even know he had turned it on or lets say did not notice the power switch's location.

Usually that work was done at the radio shop across the field, they were filled up so they worked on it on our side in the main hangar.

I thought the nose was being worked on.

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,356 Posts
I am sure that it would have a limited use, but who would want it in their everyday life.

·
Super Moderator
3,121 Posts
Sounds like something our commander in chief’s handlers could be using to guide him thru his daily routine and public speaking. Remember “salute the marines” from just a few days ago?

·
Registered
298 Posts
No room for that gadget as the voices in my head take up all the space. Plus the signal won't make it past my concrete ball cap.

Godspeed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts