1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
73. 12-16 months!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Crap... that test sucks... or maybe it's just me. :) OK... it was a good reality check. I know it's not totally realistic.... but crap... I should be doing better than that.... and NO... I won't post my pathetic score. :( [walks away moping...]

·
Registered
238 Posts
Crap... that test sucks... or maybe it's just me. :) OK... it was a good reality check. I know it's not totally realistic.... but crap... I should be doing better than that.... and NO... I won't post my pathetic score. :( [walks away moping...]
That website said error unable to calculate that low of a score, I think I need a lot more ....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well, the only thing i saw is that I need a communications plan and i need more medical training- EMP? No my vehicle wont resist an EMP attack.
But I can walk, I know where water and food are and I am armed and mobile.

i got a 48 2 to 4 months, but i dont know if I agree with the life expectancy. ;-)

I think i will be alive for years...or i will die trying ;-)

·
Administrator
15,018 Posts
I got halfway thru and the slider gizmos quit working for me. Somethings didn't fit, either, such as cooking -we have propane and have a bunch of charcoal, and how many cords of wood in an acre and a half of pine trees planted 12X6 (rows 12 feet apart, 6 feet between trees) that are 60 feet tall?
I gave up when it would not let me input "experience" any farther than Intermediate and the weapons and ammo didn't work at all.
How far to bug out location? We are already here.
The top priority for me is to get solar power for my well, walking a mile to the river would suck. And we don't really NEED electricity for anything other than the well pump.
I grew up, and lived for many years, in over populated South Florida. I consider it a true Blessing from God that He made it possible for my wife and I to get out of there.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Congrats Rice Paddy.... sounds like you are getting pretty well set up and I'm happy for both you and your wife. I guess that means you get to work on improving your situation (i.e., comfort) and figuring out how to defend it. Most of us aren't as fortunate. But.... I'm working on it.

Reactions: rice paddy daddy

·
Administrator
15,018 Posts
Congrats Rice Paddy.... sounds like you are getting pretty well set up and I'm happy for both you and your wife. I guess that means you get to work on improving your situation (i.e., comfort) and figuring out how to defend it. Most of us aren't as fortunate. But.... I'm working on it.
In 1995 as part of a corporate restructuring my employer (at the time) closed the warehouse where I worked and gave me the option to relocate. My wife and I had been praying, wishing, and hoping to get out of South Florida where I grew up and move to a place that has more churches than bars. All the others at the branch took the severence package and stayed, my wife and I looked at it as an opportunity. As seasoned hurricane survivors we picked the safest location out of the 4 that were offered to me.
We now have a little farm with our horses, chickens and dogs on a dead end dirt road six miles outside a one stoplight town of 2,000 people. My wife had always wanted to be a hobby farmer.
As I said, I truly believe that God presented all these things to us, but we had to be willing to accept what was presented. This was all a gift from God. I can claim absolutely no credit at all.

Reactions: survival and JAGER

·
Registered
433 Posts
I scored a 72, with a life expectancy of 6 to 12 months. What a crock...1000 rounds of ammo is not enough for even a starting prepper.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Rice... you rock. 'nuff said.

Reactions: rice paddy daddy

·
Registered
26 Posts
88. 18-20 months. Honestly I could live for years with just a .22, 500 rounds and a knife and flint. Going through the army and survival training helped. The mind is the greatest weapon.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I scored a 72, with a life expectancy of 6 to 12 months. What a crock...1000 rounds of ammo is not enough for even a starting prepper.
1K rounds for any weapon would last me years. One thing I've learned from hunting and the military is 1 shot,1kill.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts