Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo I was wondering if any of you guys slide in a few preppers gifts into your families gifts for christmas?
My sister in laws are not preppers but this year my husband and I made them emergency car kits. They are not preppers and are kinda dumb when it come to their own safety. So we got them jumper cables, emergency blankets. Water. Energy bars. Flares. A knife. Candles. Lighters. Etc...

Basically doesn't anyone else help secretly preppers your family members?

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
We have given our daughter and son-in-law guns and associated cleaning supplies as well as canning tools and books. Mrs Inor gives everybody in the family some of her canned goods. But, really we do not consider that stuff "prepper stuff". I figure knowledge is the greatest asset any prepper can possess. So if they do not take an active interest in their own survival, there is nothing we can give them that will move them forward.

Reactions: inceptor

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I don't bother, my family has made it clear they don't believe anything bad will happen and just want to think happy thoughts till someone comes with the shears. As the sheep dog it's hard to protect a flock who blindly keep walking towards the wolves.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I have 26 students right now. All future police officers so I'm going to bring in my new reloader and show them how it's done and load everyone up 20 rounds for Christmas. Best thing is my boss paid for the components and a buddy donated the brass so it's not costing me anything!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Although they don't see the real threat of something happening in the near future, I still want them to be somewhat prepared. I know that road side kit is something even non preppers should have anyways, I feel that maybe this is a small step in teaching they basic of prepping. If we can some how spark, even the smallest interest in prepping that means that's less weight my husband and I have to carry when they come running for help when shtf. I have seen people say that bc their family wont prep with them that they will be leaving them behind but I truly don't think I could do that, but only time will tell. All I can do is teach them as much as their willing to learn. Its a responsibility my husband and I are willing to take.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Soo I was wondering if any of you guys slide in a few preppers gifts into your families gifts for christmas?
My sister in laws are not preppers but this year my husband and I made them emergency car kits. They are not preppers and are kinda dumb when it come to their own safety. So we got them jumper cables, emergency blankets. Water. Energy bars. Flares. A knife. Candles. Lighters. Etc...

Basically doesn't anyone else help secretly preppers your family members?
I could't bleave it when I saw this post,, I did the same thing for my daughters many years ago.
But I also made extra keys for there car and put them in a "magnet hide a box" and had them hide them where they could be reached
This was way before I was prepping

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
It may have been before you called it "prepping"...... All "prepping" is, is being prepared for something that might happen. Carrying an extra car key is something I have done for so long that I sometimes forget it is in my wallet.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I have 26 students right now. All future police officers so I'm going to bring in my new reloader and show them how it's done and load everyone up 20 rounds for Christmas. Best thing is my boss paid for the components and a buddy donated the brass so it's not costing me anything!
That's a great idea, you're teaching them a skill as well as giving them a gift. I like the idea of giving prepping related gifts, multi-tools are the first thing to spring to mind, a first aid kit for the car would be a great idea also. Ammo, reloading components or manuals, bullet casting gear, a knife of some sort or even a simple flashlight would be great ideas also. Wish someone would give me some reloading components for Christmas, that would be great.

-Infidel

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I think I would hand out copies of the declaration and the constitution but I just don't know how many people would read them....

·
Registered
193 Posts
Last Christmas I gave the kids lanterns and #10 cans of meals purchased from Costco for long term storage. I told them that I hope they would never have to use the gifts, but just store them away in the back of the closet...

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I have been giving firearms to my two sons for Christmas for the last few years and then followed up each Christmas with ammo that I have loaded. I also give them and others things like water filtering straws, emergency blankets, flashlights, first aid kits, tools, things of that nature. I keep saying things like, if the power goes out and stays down, mention tornadoes, hurricanes, whatever natural disaster that has occurred lately. I live in Illinois and even graduated from Washington High School, the town that was hit by a tornado recently. That makes things sound not so out of normal to give presents like that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts