Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking in to see how yer doing on the rabbit hutch.
is the winter slowing your progress or is it mild?

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Hey, yes, this weekend I was able to paint exterior paint on the hutch area. Last night I was able to put the first cage together. I'll put photos out there as soon as I get them. Everyone is saying that I need to build 3 hutches (one for the doe, one for the buck, and one for future offspring), so this might slow me down on actually purchasing the rabbits. I've found a supplier that has the White New Zealand rabbits (around 200) that they are selling. I'll post the new photos in this thread.

http://www.prepperforums.net/forum/livestock/1448-rabbit-cages-how-build-3.html

Thanks for asking!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unless you are showing your rabbits, i wouldt worry for pedigree. and you only have to buy 2. cause well, rabbits do it. look into the rex, californian or satin. they are good eating and pelts. im glad yer getting the project underway! i await the photos.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Are you raising them to eat, Survival? Rabbit is so yummy when prepared properly and Rabbits reproduce easily (like the old saying goes...he he he). It's a great SHTF food. I'm not sure I would want to slaughter them though. They make a terrible sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts