Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just caught a video on it and it definitely seems like a thing a prepper could use and keep around the house and in the BOB. Fit it, shape it, let cure and there it is. A fix to many broken or poorly working things. Cool. I'm ordering some from Amazon and sticking a package in my BOB and keeping the rest around the house.

About sugru - the future needs fixing - sugru

Amazon.com: sugru

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,207 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A couple other similar products
J-B Weld 8277 Water Weld : Amazon.com : Automotive
J-B Weld 8297 High Heat Epoxy Putty - 2 oz. : Amazon.com : Automotive
They set up faster but hard, can even be drilled and tapped, the wet one could patch gas tanks, radiators, etc. The high heat might come in handy on firearm repair, engines, stoves.
There good products and I've used them, but they harden up more and aren't the flexible product like this is in nice little packets for quick use on a lot of different things you would use JB Weld liquid/putty. I use and have used QuikSteel epoxy putty too for years now and it's another good choice for a product like that. It's excellent on filling holes in fiberglass stocks. This is something one could mend a boot sole with, probably patch their pack and carry in their BOB in the little packets. No sanding or gloves needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts