Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kel-Tec Sub 2000

I have an opportunity to purchase 2 of these at a good price. Was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the weapon?

rifle2.jpg

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
This guy is a good shot. He does a lot of it. One of a few reviewers on the net worth listening too.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, I think I am sold.....

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Some weapons you just can not pass judgement on. While I would view one as a novelty others may find a serious use for it.
I could see the logic in a weapon of that type that shoots a common handgun round. I have heard about Glock mags fitting it some require a quick simple mod to make them work. Anytime you have a weapon that use other mags it is a plus.
I considered a CX storm for that reason it uses the Beretta 92 mags and modified tarsus 95 mags. ,but the price for it was out of line.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I have 2 of the chrome 9MM glock mag models. So far my 2000's have been flawless and I keep one paired up with a glock 34 and some extended mags. Some
folks don't care for Keltec and I have heard some stories too but all my KT products so far have been just fine for me.
The SUB2000 is pretty cool how it folds and I carry with me in a standard soft briefcase along with the Glock34. Same mags works in either gun no problem.
SUB2000 also comes in a 40 caliber and serveral other mag options too.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Keltec has had some real miss. But what the heck not everyone gets it wrong all the time.
The weapon is what it is as along as you know that and the price fits your budget everyone is happy.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I have given it some real thought because it folds and I like that it loads in the grip. Works well for reloading, just bring your hands together, real natural. I also like that you can match it to your carry pistol with several different choices. I have only shot one on one occasion and it did what it was supposed to do.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
I had one and my only complaint was muzzle flip under recoil. It was really strange and made it difficult to get back on target for fast follow up shots. It was just kind of a weird shooting experience. Other than that, I toted it lots of places where I wanted a "carbine" that I could conceal in an equipment bag. I actually preferred the Hi-Point Carbine I had.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I love my SUB2K. It's a 9mm, takes Glock 19 mags. I've used 15 rd., 15+2s, 17 rd., 17+2s, and 33 rd. mags. They've all worked great. I've hit man-sized steel out to 100 yards with ease, and a friend's novice-shooter wife was able to hit targets at 75 yards without any trouble.

Tim

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The two that I am buying are both 40s and take the glock mags, think they are going to be a good fit for my purposes. Thanks guys for all the input!

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
The two that I am buying are both 40s and take the glock mags, think they are going to be a good fit for my purposes. Thanks guys for all the input!
40 caliber is one ammo there seems to be plenty on on the rack at least.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Move on and don't waste the money. I can buy new DPMS Oracles for $629 at the LGS. My cost is only $544 as a FFL dealer. Do you really think a 9mm toy is worth the money. Gee you can hit a target at 75-100 yards, C'mon.. Don't do it. Spend the money for something useful.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Move on and don't waste the money. I can buy new DPMS Oracles for $629 at the LGS. My cost is only $544 as a FFL dealer. Do you really think a 9mm toy is worth the money. Gee you can hit a target at 75-100 yards, C'mon.. Don't do it. Spend the money for something useful.
First I don't see it as a toy, second I am buying 2 40cal weapons. For my use these appear to be perfect and I am getting them both for less than one of the DPMS Oracles.

Oh and 100 yards is about as far as your gonna shoot out here in these woods......Perfect

Reactions: Meangreen

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Chipper you bring up a good point. But there are limits. You can a few dollars more yourself right into the poor house.
By that I mean there is always something better for a little more . Most of us have to draw a line some where.
If I was to buy a weapon like the 2000 it would not be to fill in or replace a real rifle . It would fill a void between the 9mm or 40 in a handgun and rifle.
Another flexible tool .
There a few if any weapons that can replace my AR's for the duty they fill.
I looked seriously at the CX storm but at 800 dollars for a 9mm rifle it just made no sense. At 400 it would have come home that day.
I run into the same thing with the bikes a set of headers and other parts you star out looking at doing a stage 1 for around 800 and you upgrade this or that and next thing you know you are looking at 1200 or more.
Not going to happen right now but I could see walking into LGS a 2000 on the rack leaving the store with me.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I wish MechTech would make a conversion for something besides a Glock or 1911, you have a choice between lousy trigger or low magazine capacity. I have had bad luck with a couple Keltecs (not a sub-2000) and sworn off their purchase in the future, but I also know people who swear by them (I swore at them)

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Have a friend who has 2, 40 cal sb 2000,s, glock mags, since he has some glock 40's.
They are fun to shoot, and work really well. Pretty accurate for carbines.
Most folks who bash the KT products, do so based purely on price, IMO.
My guess most have never shot them.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Have a friend who has 2, 40 cal sb 2000,s, glock mags, since he has some glock 40's.
No, many of us have owned Kel-tec products with miserable results. Even Zimmerman was only able to get one shot off with his Kel-tec. I owned a couple of Kel-tec pistols and both were unreliable to say the least. I have friends that own the P2000's one in 9mm and the other in .40 and both are happy with their rifles. I fired the .40 without an issue.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I have owned and shot 3 of them, only one was worth a shit and that one was a P32. I had two P3-AT's returned the first under warranty, the second was little improvement and quickly traded off to a Keltec fan. Not all people have the same results, but I fired hundreds of rounds through all three and sold the one P32 that worked well after having lost faith in it through the failure of its two closely related siblings. I would not tell anyone not to buy one, but I would highly recommend extensive range time and many rounds before trusting your life to it. That goes for any gun, but these more so.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts