Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know very little about the big drought that happend, other than what i learned from a fictional film.
but i do know that it caused many to go homeless and hungry. Today ive found a lot of articles on yahoo
about end of the world or natural disasters, and i found this article today. For you convenience ill the first part of
this article, this is a exact copy which i got from Yahoo! News Canada - Latest News & Headlines .

Residents of the Great Plains over the last year or so have experienced storms reminiscent of the 1930s Dust Bowl. Experts say the new storms have been brought on by a combination of historic drought, a dwindling Ogallala Aquifer underground water supply, climate change and government farm programs.

Nearly 62 percent of the United States was gripped by drought, as of December 25, and "exceptional" drought enveloped parts of Kansas, Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico, according to the U.S. Drought Monitor.

this is the link to the exact page - Storms on U.S. Plains stir memories of the "Dust Bowl" - Yahoo! News Canada

-Anthony

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
If I lived there and the Dust bowl returned I would BO to another location.
We have all the water we will ever need in some parts of the Midwest but out west they have darn near drained every drop

1 - 5 of 5 Posts