Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
15,480 Posts
Question, I store ethanol free gas in NATO Jerry cans. I don't add any stabilizer, I cycle out after a year by pouring into my truck and refill the cans. Is 1 year too long? Too short? Should I add stabilizer? Seems like ethanol free with no stabilizer would be the most desirable?
I keep 89 octane no ethanol.
I don't know what's available in your area.
I add Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment, and Sea Foam treatment.
If I have any on hand, I'll also add Staybil.

Star Tron is great stuff. It will even clean your carburetors with regular use. Get it at O'Reilly or Advance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You know, as much as those plastic gas cans are now days, do you think they would last longer if you put armour all on them or something about like it? You know, the stuff you put on your car tires/rubber trim that is like silicon or something...I have to pay at least $100 for four 5 gallon jugs. I have about 12 or so of them now. it cost me about 175 dollars to buy four vp jugs, fill them with No ethanol gas w/stabile. I dont do it to save money during inflation, i just want to make sure i have gas when the shortage hits, especially after seeing people in england all lined up for 4 hours at the station and getting in fights over who was in line and stuff.

·
Registered
preppn&homesteadn
14 Posts
I have been working on my fuel storage. I have corn, soy beans, and a small bit of wood. I have literature on production of ethanol, biodiesel, and wood gasification. My projects are far from being finished. Time is the asset that is hardest to acquire. Long time fuel stabilization was the issue that caused me to start to explore alternatives. Propane is great for long term storage, but it is not renewable in my area. I feel there is a difference in what is required of location to store 5 gallons of fuel and what is required to store 1000 gallons of fuel.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts