Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone considered storing electrolyte drink mix? It provides a super-fast source of energy, can rehydrate you after losing electrolyte-containing fluids, e.g. blood, vomit, diarrhea, etc., whereas water cannot, and can keep your neural function up when eating stored foods which might have less optimal levels of minerals and electrolyte ions than would fresh vegetables, etc.

I'll be putting away a few cans of electrolyte drink mix without food coloring - are there any superior brands, in your opinon?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have 3 large cans of the Gatorade powder and will probably increase the amount stored. Last summer due to the extreme heat we would give it to our sheep and horses in their drinking water. It really helped them through the extreme heat.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
But it has electrolytes.....

Do you even know what electrolytes are?

Electrolytes are what the body needs....

-Idiocracy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But it has electrolytes.....

Do you even know what electrolytes are?

Electrolytes are what the body needs....

-Idiocracy
Yes, I do know what electrolytes are. I learned about electrolytes while studying for my degree in molecular biology.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
did you watch the video? That's like one of my favorite parts "But it has electrolytes..."

·
Registered
938 Posts
I keep powdered Gatorade on hand all the time.

I also keep the powdered Gatorade in the plastic individual packets to add to bottled water.

Cuts down on the risks of muscle cramps, and it tastes good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts