Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honey and PB store forever. Canned chicken and tuna lasts a while.

Bread is the key to making small amounts of stuff into a big meal. It is a great filler and delivery mechanism for the above mention food items and others.

How do you store it? What substitute can you use? Ideas? Crackers only last about a year before going stale. How long do they last after that without getting inedible? Is there bread that is packaged to last long while unopened?

· Registered
21,643 Posts

· Registered
21,643 Posts
Making yeast is not hard to do. Another good idea is a sour dough starter makes great bread, roll and pancakes. Once you make your sour dough you keep the starter for a life time.

· Administrator
15,774 Posts
I'm going to let y'all in on a little secret - now don't tell any body - although I'm a Floridian, all my ancestors came from Maine.
And there is a New England invention called Brown Bread. It comes in a can, and is usually eaten along with Boston baked beans, but it is good for other things, too. I have no idea of the shelf life, years for sure. B&M is the brand we buy. We keep it on hand.
Baked Beans Varieties and Brown Bread in a Can by B&M* | B & M Beans

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.