Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came up with a great idea to stop world hunger... just tell people to eat more! If they did they wouldn't be hungry... I don't know what the big deal is, that seems pretty simple to me.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
with a 100 K people dying in Africa from famine, eating more is not an option. You need a swat or two.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
It brings to mind:

"The people have no bread!"
"Let them eat cake."

and one more....
"Off with her head!"

·
Super Moderator
9,073 Posts
The statistics are imaginary, for purposes of making a point. 20 years ago, 1,000,000 people somewhere in Africa were dying from famine. The US and others sent food and aid and most of them survive. We keep sending the food and aid to keep them alive. Now, after 20+ years they have had babies and brought a new group of people into the world, who are dying from famine. Only problem is, now we are sending food and aid to keep 8,000,000 people from death. In another 20 years, if we keep sending food and aid with no changes, there will about 56,000,000 people dying. Which would have been better: allow the original 1 million to die or when we run out of food and aid, allow 56 million to die. My ethics professor raised that question.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Give a man a fish and he will eat today. Teach him to fish and he will feed his family (or spend all his time sitting in a boat, drinking beer and sleeping).

·
Registered
335 Posts
It is relatively simple to grow/raise your own food. The problem in those countries is the lack of security for the people. With local warlords slaughtering people and taking whatever they want. How is a simple goat farmer suppose to protect and feed his family? You need the right people running the country first, then get the people protected. Without that all the free food and aid in the world isn't going to do a damn thing.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
with a 100 K people dying in Africa from famine, eating more is not an option. You need a swat or two.
Really?
1,000 years ago it was a desert where it was impossible to grow crops. It's still a desert. Know what it's going to be another 1,000 years from now? Still a frickin desert! Don't send food. If we send them anything we should send plane tickets for them to get the heck out of there.
BTW the fastest animal in the world is not a cheetah, it's an Ethiopian chicken!

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Really?
1,000 years ago it was a desert where it was impossible to grow crops. It's still a desert. Know what it's going to be another 1,000 years from now? Still a frickin desert! Don't send food. If we send them anything we should send plane tickets for them to get the heck out of there.
BTW the fastest animal in the world is not a cheetah, it's an Ethiopian chicken!
The world is not too proud to refuse the natural resources there.I revise my previous statement, you need 3 or more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts