Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have a small solution to the gov't shutdown and the budget, -Congress forefits all pay, all rights, all insurance, all protection, UNTIL they pass a balanced budget, fix the shutdown, and resume with same insurance coverage and benefits that all us "poor scumbag workers" have..

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I think I have a small solution to the gov't shutdown and the budget, -Congress forefits all pay, all rights, all insurance, all protection, UNTIL they pass a balanced budget, fix the shutdown, and resume with same insurance coverage and benefits that all us "poor scumbag workers" have..
Never gonna happen! They are worthless sorry pieces of shit that are all about themselves and don't give a **** about this country or the American people they work for.. I am hopin violence happens upon them!! Politicians are the main ones ruining this country..

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, last thought was tar and feather, but now, ala -unintended consequences- I think its time to start feeding the hogs. Of course, peta will not like all the bullshit that the hogs would have to eat..

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
We cannot tar and feather politicians. Tar is a carbon product and the use of it will contribute to global warming. You will get in trouble with the EPA. As for the feathers, we have to make sure that the chicken feathers are from organic free range chickens, and even then taking their feathers is extremely cruel. We could get in trouble from PETA and possibly the USDA. THINK GREEN! (sarcasm)
But can we have sharks with laser beams?

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Agreed but that's not how the ruling class works.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Its really simple. Adopt a budget 90 days before the old one ends or your pay checks stop, and the budget for your office is terminated (no staff, no travel, no benefits nothing). If you then can't adopt a budget within that 90 days and you enter into a realm of no budget your employment for the People is terminated and elections are scheduled.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hmm. I'm just not so pissed that they have let it laspse and shutdown the government. The longer that 90% of the population goes without government and it doesn't affect their lives, the more likely they are to realize that government can definitely be shrunk.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Sorry to disagree with ya'll, but this is one of those ideas that sounds really good when you type it into a bulletin board, but would be an absolute disaster if it ever came to pass. The Constitution expressly forbids the Executive branch from having any control over the pay of Congressmen and Senators. Tying Congressional pay to the success of getting anything past the signature of the President would give the President even more control over Congress than he has now. That is obviously the exact opposite of what we need now.

But I do like Meangreen's idea of sharks with lasers and I cannot think of anything in the Constitution that would prohibit it. :) That whole "inalienable rights" thing only applies to humans, so that leaves Congress out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts