Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello out there.

I'm a middle-aged desk jockey with an empty nest, now living in a beach apartment in California with not much to spend on getting ready for emergencies.

I've been interested in emergency preparedness (what we called prepping back then) since I was a high school student in the 1970's. Lately I've decided to embrace this interest and make prepping a hobby. This "hobby" has to be balanced with my work obligations, current family duties, and my commitment to Jesus. One of my interests is in testing out the theory-crafting that goes on by all the mall ninjas on the Internet--I don't just want to take someone's word for it, I want to see for myself.

Recently I started a blog as a way to document my thinking and record my observations: Still Getting Ready!

I'm hoping to learn some good stuff here.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Things I noticed first

Beach Apartment = Not much to spend

Move away from the beach, score $300 or more a month to spend, be prepped fast.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Glad you examined it.

When I started getting serious about this being prepared thing I evaluated what we were eating and how I could make do for less money. It's just me and MrsRipon so it was a bit of a sad shocker on what we were doing kibble wise. Our dine out budget is now special occasions and our dine in is now (years in the doing) supplemented with garden goods, hunted meet and an occasional rattle snake. We spend less than $100 a month on food now which leaves extra for building materials, solar panels and my refinery (soon)

·
Administrator
15,450 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts