Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found at our local tractor supply some steel traps designed for moles and chipmunks. They go down inside the tunnel of these critters and you put a stake on them so they don't get away. I'm sure you can catch other things on them as well. Right now at my tractor supply they have them for 1.99 that were marked down from 9.99. Thats a steel litterly! Check your local store since the owners don't think moles/chipmunks traps are a big seller. They come in a 2 pack.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Get these! They are valuable in SHTF!

·
Banned
62 Posts
that's cheap, but I dunno about the "value" in shtf conditions. #1 steel traps can catch a lot of blackbirds, if buried flush with the surface and baited with rotted shelled corn, I know that much. All you have to do is wait a few minutes, go get another one. If you had several such traps and scattered them out, so that one of the birds screeching would not frighten off all the others, you'd stay busy just servicing the traps. Ragnar Benson, in his book SURVIVAL POACHING, has designs for several "self resetting" bird traps, that catch the birds live, using their weight on batwing doors atop the wire cage traps, with bait set up there. The problem is that the birds have to be a given weight, or the doors don't work right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts