Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, But does anyone here use Sportsman's Guide for any of their prepper needs. I have multiple back orders and here recently have been seeing irregular merchandise. So I wanted to know who everyone uses for a quality supplier if you care to share. I've had okay service from SG in the past but its really taken a turn for well I won't say worse but I am all for finding something better. Lets say my last two orders are being returned for quality issues poor weaving, poorly made clothing. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Have a great weekend all!

punch

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Just curious, But does anyone here use Sportsman's Guide for any of their prepper needs. I have multiple back orders and here recently have been seeing irregular merchandise. So I wanted to know who everyone uses for a quality supplier if you care to share. I've had okay service from SG in the past but its really taken a turn for well I won't say worse but I am all for finding something better. Lets say my last two orders are being returned for quality issues poor weaving, poorly made clothing. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Have a great weekend all!

I have had really bad luck with sportman's guide because of poor customer support. I believe Cheaper than Dirt is also owned by the same people and they lost my business with their price gouging. I have been doing really well at flea markets and pawn shops for a lot of my preps and I like the idea of used items for cheap because if I have to I can leave it behind without a lot invested. Many of the online companies have lost me as a customer because they will advertise an item and once you have payed for it, you get a back order notice.

·
Administrator
15,445 Posts
After recently receiving one of their catalogs I called the 800 number to order some German flecktarn cammoflage shirts and pants that were listed at a good price only to be told they were out of stock.
That was the first time I had tried to order in the last 8-10 years. Back then we ordered and received USGI ammo cans no problem.
I would never order online, if in the future I want to try another order I will only do so by talking to a live person.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the backorder dates are stale. They already emailed twice to see if I want to cancel. I hope its not too late to cancel my membership. I am a returning customer after a few years of inactivity. I like meangreens suggestion. Thanks sir.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same here with the rediculous back orders.

My main stops are Army/Navy surplus supply stores, flea markets, sale sections of retail stores (anywhere from camping (like Coleman) outlet stores to the clearance walmart section.) Also mail order clearance sales from REI, Campmor, Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc. Opportunities abound!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use Sportsmans Guide a lot and in fact placed an order not more than an hour ago. I have been a member for several years and have ordered a variety of things over that period of time. There was only one thing that was not quite as described and they cheerfully and quickly returned it with no problems. I ordered the same item from Cheaper Than Dirt and is was in exactly the same way not quite as described. But they also handled the return to my satisfaction. I see that there is a lot of bad-rapping them here, but I have had nothing but good luck and I find their prices very competitive..................I soundly recommend SG and no I don't work for them......
Frankazin

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I'm not bad mouthing Sportsmans Guide, I am sharing my recent experience and I am looking for options. If they can't get it together trust me there are quality suppliers out their who want my business. But to reward a company who clearly sells irregular and poor quality merchandise with continued business is foolish on my part. The reason they continue to sell below par products is simply because they can. They must make enough on the stuff to offset the returns and lost business. Must be nice...

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Got an order in last week, was very satisfied with the delivery, (ammo cans, 3 folders, shotshell bandoleer, and a great pair of pants), but I also got the email that the two laserlight combos I ordered were backordered until 3-15, but I was aware of that, becouse when I placed the order it had stated the combos were on backorder. then two days later, an email asking if I wanted to wait or cancel. I am pleased so far.

·
Super Moderator
9,673 Posts
I went to order some foreign ammo there that appeared to be in stock. I clicked on add to cart and a pop up appeared that stated said ammo was on back order and did I want to continue. Seemed up front to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.